More Win7 issues. . . .

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, May 18, 2010.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

This is kind of an extension of this thread that I started yesterday. I got rid of the software responsible for locking up Windows, I got rid of the software responsible for barfing up a .NET Framework error, and I thought all was well.... well, the PC locked up after about 4 hours of joyful error-free use. After a check of the Event Viewer, I saw numerous warnings and errors with BTHUSB as a cause, so I figured it's the wireless keyboard and mouse causing this (they are Bluetooth & USB devices). However, there are some other bothersome entries in the Event Viewer, here's some brief descriptions:
    These are the most worrisome ones, there are others but they don't have me too stressed out. Is the "local hosts file" the one that's in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc?? If so, there is NO hosts file in that location! And the 1st one I listed here with the "AMD Northbridge - Corrected Machine Check" has me freaked out. I did some quick research on these errors and found very little of any use.... Ideas? Suggestions? Thoughts? Prayers?
    :confused

(oh yeah - Windows 7 x64 Home Premium)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds