BOOT UP ISSUE etc...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrianBakerOrlando, Nov 5, 2005.

1. BrianBakerOrlando

BrianBakerOrlando Private First Class

Ok heres the deal,i had 2 hard drives in my PC for about 5 months,i removed one of them(the one w/o the OS) so now im down to 1 HD. But for some reason it hangs in post for about a minute or 2 before moving on?This has happend to 2 computers now where i have removed the 2nd HD..Im sure its a simple thing to take care of but im Oblivious to what im supose to do...Any info please.. Windows XP SP2

2. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

Go into your bios and make sure your slave hard drive setting is disabled.

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

are you sure you changed the jumper on the master drive to single? there is a difference you know

4. BrianBakerOrlando

BrianBakerOrlando Private First Class

Yes,the Jumpers are in the correct places,and i did go into BIOS and remove the slave disk...Any other issues that would cause this? Thanks for the help too BTW..

5. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

is the partition you want to boot active?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds