Battery Life Slim

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by budlover, Mar 16, 2005.

1. budlover

budlover Private E-2

I have a laptop, a Compaq Presario 2500. The battery used to last about 2-3 hours, but now it only last for about 30 minutes. I dowloaded the AIDA32 but I do not know how you want me to post the results. Does anybody have any ideas of how to fix this problem?

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Buy a new battery. Unless it is still under warranty. Seriously, it just sounds like the battery is at the end of it's life. I don't think there is any hardware problem that can suck up that much battery life that fast.

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

A few things to make it last longer turn the brightness of the screen down,check there isnt a load of spyware,adware running in the background,turn off your screensaver and make the monitor turn off instead,disable devices you dont use,I checked 2500 bat prices when I had one its scared me,after that I always kept it plugged in.LOL

4. budlover

budlover Private E-2

well @#$%, i was really hoping that it was something fixable, without a price tag....oh well. thanks guys and if anyone else has any ideas, i'd love to hear them, but if not i guess i'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a new one

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds