Crystal Reports Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mada_Milty, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Hi All,

Let me preface by saying that I hate writing reports! :D

Anyway, I've been asked to write a report similar to this:

[​IMG]

Where the vendors supplying selected parts are shown with their respective pricing. I need to filter this further so that only the PREFERRED vendor is shown for each part.

On the back end, my tables are linked as per this:

[​IMG]

Each are equal joins. The PART table, far right, has the Part IDs, and the preferred vendor ID, but to link to the VENDOR_QUOTE table, it has to be linked through the VENDOR_PART table, which has both the Vendor Part ID, and our own internal ones.

I've tried specifying that the VENDOR_QUOTE.VENDOR_ID must equal the PART.PREF_VENDOR_ID, but that filters out EVERYTHING, despite the IDs matching.

Can anyone advise how I can accomplish this?

Thanks Much,

Milty

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Nevermind! I figured it out. Used the PART.PREF_VENDOR_ID as a group instead of the VENDOR_QUOTE.VENDOR_ID

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds