TrueDownloader stopped working?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Corporal Jarhead, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Corporal Jarhead

Corporal Jarhead Private First Class

Some of you may recall that I had a problem with system crashes. Well that problem seems to have resolved itself, though I really can't say how, for sure. I downloaded the windows service packs and all recommended updates and as an upgrade put all new RAM. Even though the RAM I had was tested extensively Maybe it still was the problem. I really don't know. It has been Well over a month scince my last fatal error. Thanks to all of you that helped me fight through that agrivating problem.

Now, I have another one. While I was working on the other problem one of the guys recommended the program TrueDownloader for using on a dialup modem. I downloaded it and was really happy with it, right up until it stopped working for some reason. I suppose one of the updates had some adverse effect on it. I don't know. All I know is it no longer works. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it twice, and no change, the first time with the original download, and the second with an all new download.

After that I decided to uninstall and get all of the left over files out of the folder, and reinstall with a clean slate. the last file, TrueDownloaderIE.dll, I could not delete or move from the folder.

After consulting with the programmers website, I tried to disable my AOL Internet Explorer to see if I could delete it then. I can't figure out how to shut it down. If I go into Program access and Defaults, it doesn't seem to shut down the program. How can I shut down, my Internet Explorer, and find out what program is keeping this file open? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. It seems the problems never stop. The minute you think you got it, something else pops up.

FYI, My Operating System is WindowsXP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds