Delete Incredimail? Restore Point? Confusion!

Discussion in 'Software' started by frybo30, Jun 26, 2003.

1. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Win98, 1st edition. Decided to stop using IncrediMail and go back to Outlook Express. I kept OE v6.0 when I went to IncrediMail. Read all the posts after searching IncrediMail. Really got confused because I'm no expert. Concerned about Registry FUBAR if uninstall IncrediMail. Don't know how to make a restore point. What if I just make OE my default and not use IncrediMail anymore? Reason I decided to discontinue IncrediMail is because it's just one more program cluttering up my computer. Is this a good reason? Lots of questions here, I know. Thanks for your help!

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

did you make a restore point before the installation? If so then restore back to that which should get rid of the program (i would have thought) without screwing the registry.

Never tried it myself, but thats my theory anyway :)

hope it helps

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

4. ujanus

ujanus Private E-2

win98 restore point

Press control when starting win98,to go into command prompt,type scanreg/restore.You'll get the list of restore points to select from

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Yep, I said to make a restore point, but I thought you were on XP or similar. Sorry if you don't have those OS's.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds