Internet Explorer has stopped working...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aircrew123, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Aircrew123

Aircrew123 Private E-2

Immediately upon launching IE, I receive a Windows error stating that:

"Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working
    Windows is searching for a solution to the problem"

I am unable to close or otherwise clear this error message

The message then switches to:

"Internet Explorer has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution
    is available." (Screenshot available upon request)

I ran all of the malware removal programs in the Major Geeks malware removal procedure, attached the resultant logs in the Malware removal forum and was told there is no sign of malware.

Please help and let me know if you want me to run any further scans or programs.

V/R - Ross

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Which Windows and Internet Explorer are you using?

3. Aircrew123

Aircrew123 Private E-2

I know it is Windows 7 Premium Home Edition SP1 - but I can't get IE to let me do anything like look in the Help/About link.

I have performed a system restore but that has not solved the problem.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Ok.
    I have looked at the Microsoft Forums but, as soon as I see any reference to their FixIt tools, I leave.
    If you look at the Top Downloads on MajorGeeks, you'll see no.2 is Tweaking.com Windows Repair. I have used it to succesfully repair Windows Update & Windows Firewall after the FixIt tools couldn't. Here's the download.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/tweaking_com_windows_repair.html

As you have already been to the Malware Removal Forum, start with Step 3. When you get to Step 6 - Start Repairs, click Start. A new window will open. Click Unselect All and only check the box next to Repair Internet Explorer, and then click Start Repair.

It's a good idea to restart the PC.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds