Some opinions needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JhonnyB, Feb 20, 2009.

1. JhonnyB

JhonnyB Private E-2

Hey guys, I want to build a new pc for Starcraft II mainly, I need some opinions on this build Ive kinda randomly assembled, let me know anything I could change or add:

MB:
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H

CPU:
    AMD X2 7750 Black Edition

Graphics:
    ATI Radeon HD 4850

RAM:
    2x2gb DDR2 SDRAM Corsair XMS2

HD:
    Samsung 7200 RPM 750GB SATA II

CASE:
    Antec New Solution NSK2480

DVD drive :
    Pioneer DVR-216 B

HS:
    Noctua NH-U12P heat sink and fan

2. JhonnyB

JhonnyB Private E-2

The PSU is not generic but its integrated in the case, 380W certified, I think that should be enough ?
    And Id like to keep the PC around 1k, I am not looking for top of the line anything as I might have to ditch it at the end of the year.

3. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I would recommend getting a PSU of at least 450/500W for this system. A good brand of PSU is almost essential. I would recommend an Antec.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I agree with the bigger/better PSU. If you start with a good one, you can upgrade in the future with no problems. I have had pretty good luck with PC Power and Cooling, NZXT, and OCZ PSU's. (I know OCZ = PCP&P)

5. JhonnyB

JhonnyB Private E-2

Okay guys thanks, I will look into that PSU.

6. israel8265

israel8265 Private E-2

good specs

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds