[MG] Shirts on sale now.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corporal Punishment, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

^^^ Click the pretty picture ^^^

2 "classic" styles and a stolen line from kodo. Hope you like 'em.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Banner ad to the right of the main forum page for future reference, quick easy access to ordering. Were pretty proud of these, took longer then expected, but we hope you think its worth the wait. We do!

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

MA & CP, Any logos, etc., on the back? How much. what sizes, etc. Baz

======

4. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Click on the ad, it'll take you to the page where you can order them, as well as giving you pricing and sizes of the two styles available. :)

I do have a question, though... Where are the shirts made? (as in, what country)

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Thanks Sgt Tibbs, Found the answer to my stupidity by double clicking on the advert but your post beat me to it. Notice that some of our birthday boys are in their 70's. Brings up the question, do you intend to put out any with pocket/s for our glasses, etc? Baz

===

6. Corporal Punishment

We have a LOT of idea. we arent 100% sure on any. People have requested them but we need to see how these go first.

7. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

*sigh* :( I wanted to pay by Money Order but they don't take those if you live outside of the US. I live in Canada. I'm very close to the border... but I guess if doesn't matter.

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

*sigh* I just splurged my geek budget on case-mods. I hope they're still in stock next month!

9. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

LOL!!
    I really didn't think you guys would use that... HAHAH!! .. oh man.. well, Thanks! :)

10. flip

flip Private First Class

now im gonna have to sit next to the mailbox, tracking the fedex truck on my laptop,

11. Gottheit

Gottheit General Logic

Awesome. I can't get one just yet, but I'll probably put my order in next week.

12. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

I got mine!!! Now I gotta wait for delivery ;)

13. Robster12

Robster12 The Horse Whisperer

Got it. Got it like a "big dog!!!!"

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Got the super duper xtra special olive drab Ted Nugent color.

Now I just gotta wait....
    I got the cheap ground rate......
    :)

14. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

If I got the "cheap ground rate" it woul be a bit soggy by the time it got to me!! :p

15. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Let us know how you like them. The other 75% who read this thread, buy one or your doing pushups!

16. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I'd love to, I just have that one question. :) Where are the shirts made?

17. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

You need to be more threatening than that..

tell them

Buy one or I'm showing up wrapped in ceran wrap in a G-string..

That's so much more effective ;)

18. Robster12

Ha Ha!!!
    That's right... You heard your CO.....
    now DROP! Knock 'em out! Beat your face!!!
    He'll tell you when you're through!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

19. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Is that before or after you eat all that pizza?

In that case.....:D

Oh, you are TOO easy :rolleyes:

20. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Ordering one of both tomorrow :D

21. Corporal Punishment

The shirts are either purchased form Hanes or alternative apparel. We will be adding a different manufacturer as well, but I forget their name. They are printed in the US, Southern California, I believe.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  22. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

I hope that was just a Freudian slip there, CP;)

23. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

LMAO,,,

24. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

You are a naughty 'lil shirt,, aren't ya Kiwi. :D

25. Corporal Punishment

DOH! spelling is NOT my strong suit.

26. finger

finger <a target ="geek" href="http://www.tvtome.com/tvto

The deed is done I got one of the green shirts on the way. :D

27. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Why thank you, thank you very much;) :p

28. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

:( Thank you. Hanes is better than some, but not as good as they might be. :(

Another question...what is the return policy, for if I get one and the tag reveals that it's assembled in Jamaica or Mexico of US materials?

*I know I'm being difficult...but this is part of putting my money where my mouth is.

29. Corporal Punishment

For the Jinx.com FAQ page.
    ----------------
    Return Policy
    We are dedicated to making sure that you get what you want, and we will do everything we can to make sure you are happy (within reason, dont get any ideas...). You can return your product for a refund, or you can exchange the return for something else. Refunds must be done within 30 days (based on our ship date) of your purchase.

If we messed up and sent you the wrong items, or if the products are damaged in any way, simply send them back (within 30 days) and we will issue a full refund. We will also pay back the shipping costs for returning the items.

If you change your mind or you ordered the wrong size, simply return the products in "as new" condition for a full refund or exchange. Please note that in this case, we cannot refund shipping.
    ------------------------

The other type will be gilden. The hanes are really nice 5.5 oz I believe. Comfy. We didnt want the really heavy stuff. The Reactive dyed green ones are pretty awesome. Really a very soft feel to them. Pretty unique product. I dont have much I can compare it to except maybe those jersey cotton sheets.

I have absolutley no idea where AA, Hanes, or Gilden physically sew the shirts, but they are US companies and Jinx and the printers they do business with are all also in the US.

30. Corporal Punishment

Not yet -- i'll look into it. Not really sure if we can though.

31. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Are the pocket Tees still scheduled to be available a couple weeks after this initial release? Love the shirts, but I wants me pockets. ;)

32. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

Me too!

A geek without a shirt pocket is like the Lone Ranger without Silver. :(

33. Corporal Punishment

hhehehe... we are working on it. Basically its a supply issue, but it is on the table. We really have no idea when but a couple of weeks is a good guess. They will happen at some point though which is why this design has the logo centered, as the pocket will be to the left.

In the mean time - I suggest buying the black one and quitting smoking. :)

34. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Thanks very much! Hanes has some products that are assembled in Mexico and Jamaica, even though they still are using US materials. Gilden doesn't say where their shirts are made, which most of the time means overseas or in Mexico (not that I know they are, I'm just saying what past experience has taught me). Gilden's headquarters, however, reveals that they are NOT a US company, they are in Canada. :)

Thanks again! I'll order and see what happens. Not real thrilled about still having to pay for shipping if it turns out I have to return it, but so be it. :)

35. G.T.

Or roll the pack up in the shirt sleeve like we did when I was a kid. Of course, that was back in the dark ages.
    :rolleyes: :D

36. Robster12

G.T.: Did you really dress like that? Were you a "greaser"? Did you have a BIG American made car, etc... leather jacket?

Were you one of those "leather jacketed hoodlums" that went to "rock-n-roll" dances and such, back when it was new....?

Have you a pic to post, perchance? That would be a gas!!!
    :)

37. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

Although he's not actually in the pic, he did take a picture of some of the biker chicks he used to hang with.

Attached Files:

38. Robster12

Bwhahahahahaha!!!!

39. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

just looked at tshirts, but i need a conversion tool to work out the real cost, maybe you guys could add a ready reckoner that then converts to buyers currency?

40. Corporal Punishment

not a bad idea - all that is handled by jinx. I'll pass it on.

41. Corporal Punishment

Yep - chicks dig the shirts too. ;)

[​IMG]

42. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I use XE.com to convert currency
    http://www.xe.com/ucc/ it uses mid market prices so its accurate enough.

43. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

BWAHAHAHA Good one CP :D

44. G.T.

LOL. No. Closest I came to being a "greaser" was getting my hands greasy rebuilding starters & generators at age 15-16. But most everybody found themselves with no shirt pocket at one point or another in the summer, and tucked cigarettes up in their sleeve. They tended to get crushed in a pants pocket. No leather jacket; no "big" car. First car was a 65 Mustang, second car was a 1970 MG Midget...

45. Robster12

That right there is enough.
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :p ;) :cool: :cool: :cool:

46. slider

slider Major Wise-***

Ordered one of both yesterday :p

47. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Whoaaa...

$10.00 - USPS GLOBAL PRIORTIY (LARGE)
    $17.00 - USPS AIRMAIL PARCEL POST
    $21.00 - USPS GLOBAL EXPRESS MAIL (EMS)

The shipping costs nearly as much as the shirt!!!

48. mispon

mispon Brigadier Boingy

Did anything ever come of the idea that us Brits would buy in bulk, and then disperse them this end?
    Or wouldn't it make much of a difference cost wise?

Anyway, if so, i'm in. :)
    Will be getting one either way, but if i'm on my own, I think i'll wait for this weeks cheque to clear, it should be better than last week. Weee. :D

49. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well, I think half the people who were involved kinda ... dissapeared. Halo might be interested still :D

50. Corporal Punishment

usa shiiping is like $5. which is pretty standard, but I have no idea if that is close to ball park for overseas.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds