Intel 82801DB ICH4 AC 97 audio controller driver needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by kostis12345, Oct 4, 2010.

1. kostis12345

kostis12345 Private E-2

Hello,
    I'm looking for drivers for Intel 82801DB ICH4 AC 97 audio controller.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Everest report below.
    Thanks in advance,
    Costas

Attached Files:

2. Broni

Broni Private First Class

You have two audio items listed:
    Multimedia:
    Audio Adapter Creative SB Live! Player 1024 Sound Card
    Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0]

Do you have an extra audio card?

Your on-board audio driver is here: http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html

3. kostis12345

kostis12345 Private E-2

Ok,I know I'm being very nooby right now but I can't find the drivers in the link you posted.I only find "Creatix CTX405 PCI" which only provides manuals to download...
    As for the second card.Well I don't know really.The computer is not mine,it belongs to a friend who doesn't know a thing about computers and he asked me to help him knowing a bit more.I can't see a second set of sound inputs on the computer so I'm assuming no.

Thanks in advance for any answers

4. Broni

From the last drop-down menu ,select CELSIUS R610 and on a next page select Windows XP

5. kostis12345

kostis12345 Private E-2

Well the thing is I've got win 7 and I've tried using compatibility mode but without a chance.So I guess an upgrade is really needed then?

6. Broni

Ahh...my fault while reading your Everest report.
    Fujitsu doesn't list any Win 7 drivers for that motherboard. Not even for Vista.

Did you just install Win 7 on your computer?
    Were you using Windows XP before?

7. kostis12345

kostis12345 Private E-2

Yup,I installed it a few days ago and I was using XP before that.

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor HERE as it will tell you if your PC is capable of running Windows 7 ok?

Sadly your not going to find the Intel E7505 Chipset for Windows 7 available and this is needed to allow other hardware like Audio to fuction correctly, this may also lead into as the audio is off the Intel Chipset no available Audio either.

I notice you have a SoundBlaster Live! card, try these drivers from the KX project as many use these in Win7 ok to get those old cards working, driver HERE

I would go back to XP as the drivers are available.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds