battlefield 1942 on LCD

Discussion in 'Software' started by dewback, May 26, 2004.

1. dewback

dewback Corporal

I have been playing battlefield 1942 for a while now and was used to playing it at high resolution (1600x1200) on my CRT. Recently I purchased a new 17" LCD monitor with a native resoulution of 1280x1024. So when I was prompted to by the monitor to change the resolution to that level I found that in the video options of the game there is no setting for that. The closest is 1280x960. Anyone else with an LCD have this problem.
    what did you do about it?

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

You might be able to manually change the screen resolution to 1280x1024.

I found this on www.tigerdave.com/wgl/

"Go into Mods/bf1942/Settings/Profiles/Custom and then open Video.con with notepad.

Enter the Resolution you want then start the game, Restart, and click on Multiplayer or Single Player (do not choose a profile). If you ever select a profile again, you'll have to redo it. You will need a working 800x600 resolution for the game's menu."

3. dewback

dewback Corporal

Thanks for the link! I will give that a try.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds