Cannot connect to specific websites

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MaineCamp, Feb 5, 2010.

1. MaineCamp

MaineCamp Private E-2

I'm having connection reset issues when I attempt to view two different websites from my computer (www.mysummercamps.com and www.kidscamps.com) I can access them from other computers on the network just not mine. I'm running Firefox 3.6 (does not work in IE either), with windows vista. All other websites work with no issue. Need help.

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

hmm. seems to work for me. might want to download and run ccleaner. will empty out temporary internet files. but it might be deeper than that. but ccleaner is a start.
    http://majorgeeks.com/download4191.html

for a little test. open up a command prompt (window key + r , then type cmd or command)
    and type:
    ping www.mysummercamps.com
    or
    ping www.kidscamps.com

also, while you're here type the command
    ipconfig /flushdns

might fix it.
    a little info about dns (domain name servers)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System

3. MaineCamp

MaineCamp Private E-2

Thank you for the information, unfortunately it did not work. I ran the ccleaner program and did the flush dsn with still no luck. I can ping the sites through the command prompt with no issue, but cannot access the sites in Firefox or IE.

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

ok, try running firefox in safe mode. go to start/programs/mozilla firefox/firefox (safe mode)
    see if that works.

5. MaineCamp

MaineCamp Private E-2

No luck there either.

6. Calsu

Calsu Private E-2

Dunno if it´s any help but can´t connect to them either, FF says it´s answering too slow/cannot open the site

Ping is "ok" though.

Code:
    Pinging www.mysummercamps.com [67.201.17.105] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 67.201.17.105: bytes=32 time=264ms TTL=241
    Reply from 67.201.17.105: bytes=32 time=196ms TTL=241
    Reply from 67.201.17.105: bytes=32 time=221ms TTL=241
    Reply from 67.201.17.105: bytes=32 time=198ms TTL=241

7. MaineCamp

MaineCamp Private E-2

So, still no luck in getting this fixed. I can access the sites through proxy servers on my computer but not directly. I need to access these sites for work could really use some insight into this.

Thank you.

8. Calsu

Calsu Private E-2

I can´t figure out anything but that the problem is at their end. Now later i can open summercamps.com fine. Also i can open both with different web based proxies. Ive tried to open the sites usin my 2 different ISP´s and 3 computer with the same results.

I think they are under DNS problems (poisoning?)because the name resolves sometime to a different IP (like 67.201.17.105) which wont work.

Have you tried ?
    http://207.58.152.240/

This opens for me directly.

Still don´t know the kidscamps "real" IP..

9. MaineCamp

MaineCamp Private E-2

Thank you for the info http://207.58.152.240/ is for summercamps.com, I need to get to mysummercamps.com which I only get connection reset error messages. I can access the site from other computers on my network. It has to be an issue with in my computer.

10. MaineCamp

MaineCamp Private E-2

Okay so it seems that I cannot connect to any sites on this web server 67.201.17.0, I have contacted their webmaster to see if they can help.

11. Calsu

Calsu Private E-2

Then there must be something wrong in my computers too. Meanwhile use the IP. There might be several reasons why it works on other computers. They have the old IP (right one?) with the name still in cache or something. Or if it´s on your computer then it is on my Unix, Windows7 and XP machines too. Gotta admit this is weird problem. most of the time i try to resolve the name i get that other IP resolved which won´t work. something collapsing maybe. Well. I would still bet my money on their end / dns problems. Someone else take over. GoodLuck.

EDIT: Ok, if not much to ask, post the solution/reply from them, i´d be interested to find out too what was the problem, atleast was it on them.. thanks.

12. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

the problem with using the ip address, is that it can change depending on their host, so you cant rely on that, and also more than 1 site can be hosted with the same ip. This isn't always the case, but for most webhosts, that's how it works. This type of problem usually fixes itself over time.

13. DrugFreeMike420

DrugFreeMike420 Private E-2

Happening with me as well..

Maybe something in the administrative tools..?

I am looking around to try configuring this correctly.
    I was just trying to download .Net Frameworks 3.5 SP1
    Flushed the DNS, then it worked. At first it wouldn't connect to the installtion for .Net FW 3.5 SP1.. Then it reconnected & worked.

But now, when I try to get the windows update off Microsoft download center it wont
    even connect in both IE & Firefox..

I have been messing with this for hours.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds