My new Treo vs. the PATRIOT act.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DanTekGeek, Aug 21, 2004.

1. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

I bought a treo from a friend of mine up in ft collins. ft collins is just far enough away as to make driving there a hassle, so he decided to ship it UPS. he took it to a shipping store, and, being the silly guy he is, adressed the package to "Danher Isyor Treeoh" (dan here is your treo). Now, it should have arrived today, but didnt. He calles me and tells me the packaging place calld him.
    "yes, hello sir, im sorry but apparently the name on the package triggerd something on out watch list and we were forced to open the package. because you were not shipping anything illegal, the package should arrive on monday." so, after blatantly invading my privacy for no reason other than an arabic sounding name, he wouldent even give us satruday delivery.

....im moving to canada.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

How lame is that?

3. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

Don't move to Canada.

The problem up here is, that if they had found a couple of kilos of semtex, detonators, fake passports and an AK-47 with a couple of spare clips, they would have returned the lot with an apology for any distress they might have caused. :rolleyes:

4. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Word. It's a pain in the butt Dan, but I'm actually happy to see them getting suspicious of suspicious packages. It wasn't just the name, but also shipping it from a generic mailing company where you can be anonymous. Preferred shippers for anything nefarious.

5. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Of course...I can't help but wonder what would have happened if it was just properly addressed...this new fangled way of writing...I don't understand it. What the devil is a "treo"? Is that a stereo? Is "st" an effort? ;)

6. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

a treo is a hybrid PDA/cellphone.

7. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

It's the MS Works of hardware;)

8. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

9. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

Here's the phone I want! Can anyone say Christmas present for Jack??!! I'm willing for a stranger to buy it for me....

Samsung TV Phone

10. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

11. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

oooh. i wonder what OS it uses. I hope it's something nice like symbian.

12. DanTekGeek

DanTekGeek Master Sergeant

/me mumbles something about thread hijacking

13. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well I'd say that it would be pretty stupid to be just checking out names.

What terrorist in their right mind would use their real name when posting somthing???

14. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

if you live in a metropolitan area then check out PCS, they have a service that plays tv on phones. www.mobitv.com I think.

15. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Rush Limbaugh?

Interesting name Rush....I wonder if it's eponymous:cool:

16. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Well...I hope they are a happy couple...being hybrids and all....

17. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Apparently they get on great, as long as they don't talk to each other:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds