Caught in Endless Reboot Loop

Discussion in 'Software' started by OrCrush, Jan 16, 2015.

1. OrCrush

OrCrush Private E-2

Machine info:
    Dell Precision T1700
    Windows 7 Pro
    16GB RAm
    Two 500GB Hard drives factory configured as mirrored RAID
    Came with dell's data protection preinstalled and pre configured

Symptom:
    After some 'tech support' folks installed every win7 update known to mankind, the machine boots up, gets to login screen. If no input after about one minute, the machine reboots. If you login, there is a brief momentary flash of an error window that says 'CMGSHIELD.exe failed to load, restarting'

Searching Dell's support site brings this up; http://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/04/SLN289144/EN/

This is written with shorthand that I do not know. I cannot locate the tools nor do I know how to set up the workaround the are asking for.

Heck, I'm not even sure this is the correct solution for the issue.

Dell's 'support' leaves me on hold queue for 90 minutes an disconnects me. Hopefully someone here can help steer me in the right direction?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. OrCrush

OrCrush Private E-2

Thanks for trying. I have given up. I erased the drive and reinstalled from scratch.

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

sorry I didn't get here sooner, we use Credant at work and that happens to our Dells...
    Credant...yuck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds