Coca Cola Rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by augiedoggie, Jul 1, 2009.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Wow, the cost is amazing if one wants the small (normal in my day) 6.8 OZ bottles. It's $4 for 6 bottles whereas it's a buck a liter otherwise. You know what? Darn waste of money IMO! Buy the big boys and throw them out after use! I'll never taste the real stuff again!:(

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I drink water :) You get used to it :)

3. silas

silas MajorGeek

I got tired of paying alot too so I got use to the ghetto brand(but pretty much the same) like mountain dew (I drink mountain holler or whatever it is) its 95 cents for 2 liter when you go pay alot for 12 pk or more.

4. augiedoggie

Hmm, ya I guess though water and vodka don't mix well.;)

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I can't live without Coke. I'm pretty sure I go through withdrawal when I don't have it. :(

I buy the twelve packs of cans. I also buy it on sale, so usually it's $2.99 for a box. That's 24ยข a can. I think that's pretty good.

6. silas

silas MajorGeek

Reading that last post just made me think of a old friend I had back in school. And it was a poor family as well. But his dad just drank cola all day and night. Never no water, no juices or anything.. Just cola.. and he would drink no crapping ya, atleast 7-8 colo 2 liters a day. And we use to have to go to dollar general to get em:(

7. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

Between the phosphoric acid eating your teeth, and the ungodly amounts of sugar in the form of corn syrup, I quit drinking soda a long time ago. Haven't really missed it. Now, when I do have soda out of necessity, it's like drinking pure syrup. Diet colas are no better.

Just my two cents. :p

8. silas

silas MajorGeek

Theres stuff I've tried from some friends house.. and there stuff is so nasty I don't drink it. I don't know if anyone in us had diet riot? I rather drink :***

9. LauraR

:puke That's just gross as much I as like coke.

I drink one a day. Sometimes I look at the crap people are eating and then look at their bottle of water and go :confused. There's a lot worse out there than a can of soda. :-D

10. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

(As I'm eating my Puffed Cheese Balls) What could possibly be worse? :-o

11. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

Disclosure:

[​IMG]

Just thought I'd share. :-D :-o

12. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

I get shaws cola 3 liters for $.79

I used to drink a about half or full 2 liter bottle a day (depends on how busy I was)when I was a teen.

but 8? WTF

I cant enjoy water unless I am really really thirsty or dehydrating. I still drink it though.

13. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I mainly drink water. But nothing goes better with Rum than Coke! :-D We have a Coke museum nearby, rumor is you can get Cokes for 5 cents. Been a while since I went.

14. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Thank the Lord us Brits never invented that stuff. From Satan's very own bladder, I tell ya. Vile stuff. It's worse than Dr Pepper but not as bad as Pepsi. Why does American pop taste crap, but Irn Bru (brewed in Scotland from girders) tastes like the morning dew from a freshly flowered rose? But with caffeine. And bags of chemically produced E numbers to keep the kids alert.....

15. silas

silas MajorGeek

I want those cheese balls!

16. LauraR

roflmao!!! You certainly are.

You actually put them in a bowl? I didn't think they tasted right unless you eat 'em out of the bag. :-D

Oh, wait, nm....I just saw you have a little coaster for your water bottle too. LOL

PS...why do you have pennies on your keyboad?

17. silas

silas MajorGeek

I was going ask about the pennys to. But I assume maybe a game? I see people put things on keyboards for a way to help during a game.

18. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

The Cheese Balls came in this HUGE barrel of a container, besides, if I snacked from that --- oh, my! :-D

Did you notice the screen? :wave

They are not pennies, they are metal glue on thingies that held a joystick like device (by magnets in the joystick thingie) that covered the arrow keys. Because this keyboard and computer it came with are over 6 yrs. old now, they got a little rusty, but still are glued on tight. I don't know what happened to the joystick thingy (technical, aren't I!), it didn't work well I remember, but was a good thought.

19. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

I want the monitor! :drool

Is that a 1080p-capable monitor, Duke?

20. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

Unfortunately, no. This monitor of mine is probably 7 yrs. old now, has only the VGA PC input, and is starting to have wavy lines fluttering on screen, though you have to look really close to see it.

Got this from Best Buy for $99, it was the display model for the store and it came with all the cables, I was so happy. I promptly hooked it up to my kid's computer and it rocks! I have to get another for myself. Now that's a monitor to :drool over! :-D

21. Mimsy

Um, yes, I am going to go drool over that one instead. Wow...! :drool

The Guy bought this monitor for our gaming computer last year. It is... sexy. Very sexy.

22. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

Now that we've hijacked the thread--- :-D

Acer just flat out rocks for the price. The one for my kid's also has a HDMI input and that's what I hooked up their computer with. XP found it to my surprise as well, thought I would have to install a driver but it was recognized automatically!

23. augiedoggie

Hmm, I didn't think I'd get so many on topic responses! rolleyes This is great!:-D Just to let ya'll know, the 7 oz. bottles are not any better than a freshly opened can. Those days are sadly long gone.:(

It's all the same crap now so I won't, and hopefully you won't, waste yer money!;)

24. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

Sorry :-o

Yeah, I had a bottle of Coke that was imported from Mexico a couple of years ago at a mexican restaurant, they made it with real sugar. It was actually drinkable for me. I'm afraid to go try that Pepsi Flashback though.

25. LauraR

Yes. It looks like my eye is staring at your cheeseballs. :-D

26. augiedoggie

Those aren't cheeseballs but they are chemical warfare items. Eater beware!:-D

27. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Never expected that from you! :-o :-D :p

28. Mimsy

Oooo...! Laura, Laura... NEVER get between a man and his food! :eek

29. LauraR

[​IMG]

I never expected THAT from you! roflmao

LOL Apparently, judging by PapaDuke's reaction! :eek

(sorry augie....back to your regularly scheduled rant :-D)

30. augiedoggie

:Tis OK Laura, if this didn't go OT then I'd worry about the contributing members!:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds