logging on

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by cptwetleg, Dec 11, 2011.

1. cptwetleg

cptwetleg Private E-2

hello everybody, this is the first time I`ve ever written to a forum the reason being is I`ve had so many problems logging on (wrong password ect), Major Geeks says you should never use the same password ect. But when you are being continually told the entry is wrong, at least I know by useing the same user name and password the fault is not mine, even when I`ve ticked I`ve forgotten the password ect (the only option) box. that inturn has been not reconised. this situation has been so often the norm I`ve stopped joining them. As a member of major geeks for a long time now (about 2 years or more) I`m with trepidation throwing myself in the deep end. I`m keeping this memoramdon short and looking forword to a responce of encoragement from more worldly forum members, bring it on. cptwetleg.

2. michael1950

michael1950 Private E-2

Hello I am Michael, new to forums here but been using major geeks service for several years, Had a problem develope with powerpoint 2010, working on a file saved it then had to reboot for another program update and when I got back up the powerpoint had a password, thats news to me as I had not put a password on that file it was still a work in progress, so tonite I came here and bought and downloaded Password Recovery - $9.95
    www.prosoft3d.com/passwordrecovery/Find your old password in seconds with Password Recovery. Download.
    Well it didn't work, and I am pissed, pardon my language. I am still trying to figure out what to do next, I sent the provider a in site reply. waiting to hear back from them.
    So I can relate with log on problems. :-o

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Welcome aboard wetleg!:) You must of forgotten which e-mail acct. you initially used but anyways you're here now.:cool I had trouble too when I first came here, didn't know a thing even as to what a PM is!:-D

I was lucky to find Majorgeeks after all the wannabe geek kiddie sites I went to who kept telling me to reformat. I must have done that 5 times!:-o

I eventually figured out that doing the same thing getting the same results back every time was a waste of my time. Someone here suggested that I test my RAM and that was the issue!

I've been a loyal member since then and can actually help a little bit now.:)

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Actually more than a "little bit" Augie.

5. cptwetleg

cptwetleg Private E-2

Dear Augiedoggie, as a dog lover myself I`ll let you off,as I only have one e-mail account. yesterday that first venture into the unknown was my birthday, so you are doubley forgiven, I can only suggest that all that fresh air in canada can sweep through the ears and cleanse the brain of the inpure thoughts, I envey your fortitude and thank for your reply. As I`m from the UK I make no appolligy for my dry sence of humour, there is no malice in what I write, only the stubillity to elicit a animated reply also recived in good humour. May I suggest lightheadedly that close all windiws fill the room (or igloo) with stale tabbacco smoke, dim the lights, and watch silence of the lambs, then write a more conservitive reply UK style, (as in winging poms). Let battle comence, my alter ego yours Interneticus direct decendant of Merlin the alchemist. PS. my magic spells are in exccess to the more formal spelling modus operandi that has continualy changed over the last 600 years. yours most respectfully captwetleg.

6. augiedoggie

Hehehe, thanks for the reprieve captwetleg.;) I had to google 'Interneticus' and was (wishfully)blown away by 'Dr. Aleks'.:drool My head feels like it's a snowglobe at the moment. I'm not sure about the rest of your post but we just met so that's OK too.;)

Oh, thanks for mentioning my igloo, it's got electric heating, cable TV and obviously internet. I assume your Hobbit hole is similarly equipped? Is the cool air creating vortices between your ears?:)

7. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

I agree.:)

8. cptwetleg

cptwetleg Private E-2

Mr Augidoggie, indeed you are spot on as to my abode, I aslo have a few modern utilitys that work well as long as I keep turning the handle, I keep warm thanks to a friend who sucks on a mint while I sit close to his mouth. as you can see the pidgeon post being a hemail speedly rendered the whitterings of the captain to your good self. Have you ever tried to take a pee on a ship when on the high seas, that is the home of the wetlegs. (keeps you alert when on watch) and the only entertainment is I spy with my little eye something beging with S, if you find that you cannot guess what the word is here is a clue, imagine all the snow melting and you look out of your floating domicial getting smaller by the miniute with a maglite as it`s always dark this time of year. Looking at your impressive setup far in access to my abbercus I fear my wooden winding handle would brake, so please forgive me in my slowness to respond, and having only bread & water for sudsinance the calorific effort is far beyond the limitations of my enegy levels. Your good health sir so one day you may see the light. humbly yours captwetleg.

9. augiedoggie

Hahaha! I've never been on a ship that rock 'n rolled like that! I would have sat down after disinfecting the seat.:puke You were a seaman I'd guess? Oh, I had a dog too and when the snow melted I had quite a bit of work to do.;):-D

Anyways, it's late here so tata for now.:zzz

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds