The Walking Dead game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LauraR, Nov 12, 2014.

1. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

This game was recommended (by Mimsy, I believe) and I was looking at it on Steam. Its gotten great reviews and I want to get it, but I'm trying to figure out what I need to get.

It looks like there's 5 chapters? If I buy this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/ will it give me all 5 automatically?

Oh, and for anyone who has played, is there any combat, because I totally suck at combat and it makes games not fun for me. If there is just minor stuff, that's fine.

2. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Looks cool, Laura. I might have a look at this one, myself.:cool

3. LauraR

I thought it looked pretty cool too, Barry. :) I'm sure I'll be getting it, I just want to check on those couple of things. I love the tv show. Its one of my favorites.

4. LauraR

Well, I couldn't wait and went ahead and bought it. So far, its pretty awesome. :) I'm kind of having a hard time with the controls. I hate the keyboard button controls and can never figure out how to work them effectively. Hopefully, that'll come.

5. Phantom

LoL! I had a little play with it. ~ And got dead'ed, already by the Zombie Sheriff ! :(.
    I only used his hand-cuff keys - they were chafing my wrists. :p.:p

6. LauraR

hahaha! I died twice there and about 5 or 6 times in the house until I realized the 'Q' on the screen meant I had to repeatedly hit it.LOL

This game is addicting.

7. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

The game has full controller support, if you own one. The Guy played it that way, I prefer to use keyboard and mouse.

Hint for you: The game gives partial credit. As in, when you have to click on something RIGHT NOW to stop a zombie from eating you, it doesn't always have to be exact. Just get the mouse cursor in the near-vicinity of the target and spam clicks. Repeat until zombie is dead for good. :)

And yes, you bought the entire first season. If you enjoy it, season two is out and also on Steam. You import your saves from Season 1 into season 2.

8. LauraR

LOL No, I don't own a controller. The extent of my gaming consists of mouseclicks. I'm getting the hang of the directions, though.

I finished the first Chapter already yesterday. :-o

I'm addicted...I blame Mimsy. :-D

9. Mimsy

You credit Mimsy. And thank me. :-D

10. Phantom

11. LauraR

*Mimsy mind control taking over* :-D

haha...seriously, thank you for the recommendation. It's a great game and some really great dialog and stories.

12. Mimsy

More seriously, I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

How do you like Lily so far? ;)

13. LauraR

Lily is quite an interesting character. So far, I have to say I don't like her. She reminds me of a petulant child...the bullying type that takes control of a group through meanness. A good character for the story though.

lol...I am in Chapter 2 right now where they all discovered what was for dinner.

14. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I love the Walking Dead. I'm up to season 5. The game sounds interesting too! :)

15. LauraR

If you like the show, Em, you'll love the game. You see some characters from the show and some background stuff. So far, though, it's a totally different group of people and story than what the tv show is, which I like a lot.

16. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I can't wait to get started on season 5 soon as I get chance. My mates leant me her Sky log in details so I'll get into that real soon.

The game I'm playing at the moment on the PS3 actually isn't a car racing game. I'm doing Dead Island which I bought a few years back. LOL

17. LauraR

I think that show keeps getting better. You'll love it.

So I just finished the game. I highly recommend. What a great story and acting (which I never thought I'd say that about a PC game). I'm going to get the next season...or whatever it's called. :)

18. Mimsy

The voice acting in this game is spectacular.

19. Phantom

I have all 5 Seasons. ~ Now to find time to play. I'm only at the house, near the beginning, lol!:-o

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds