Video Card Memory Size

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wheelzup, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Wheelzup

Wheelzup Private E-2

I'm moving into the PCI Express fast lane with a new motherboard and now I'm trying to decide on a video card that is comparable to my current AGP card which is an Hightech Radeon X800 Pro with 256 MB of memory. I've narrowed down my choice to a SAPPHIRE 100116SR Radeon X800XL 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card - Retail or SAPPHIRE 100105SR Radeon X800XL 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card - Retail this only difference in them is the amount of memory and price. I have a budget of $400 for my card but I wanted to find out if there would be any benifit to have a card with 512 MB onboard? What do you all think, any ideas or suggestions sure would be great right now....

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

no benefit of 512mb; save the money and buy more onboard memory [​IMG]. The 256mb one has a crappy heatsink/fan combo though. [​IMG] Also look for an OEM package, saves you a few bucks by not including crap you'll never use.

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds