nv4_disp error, yes another post lol

Discussion in 'Software' started by arayex, Feb 27, 2009.

1. arayex

arayex Private E-2

After installing an Nvidia geforce 6200 I ran my games just fine (mostly WoW). After a few weeks I started to get the blue screen randomly, I would restart and it was fine. Eventually it got to the point where I would be in a loading screen for the game it locks up or blue screens immediatly. I thought maybe the card was going bad so I uninstalled, ran driver cleaner pro and ccleaner then installed a brand new of the exact same card. I worked on this from forum to forum to no avail, I reinstalled windows completely and still the same thing. The last time I just let windows update the driver (using driver cleaner pro every time I changed versions) and it ran awesome for about a week until today. Framerates were improved and all... I was very impressed. But now itts back and I cant seem to get rid of it again. It wont even load the login screen now on WoW without locking up. Also put it a new 600w power supply, all 3 fans in the pc are running fine. card is not overclocked, even games have the lowest video settings possible.

I have a Dell dimension 1100
    2GB DDR ram
    Intel celeron 2.53 GHz
    XP Home Edition sp3
    Nvidia GeForce 6200

Not sure what else you need to know about my system. The onboard graphics controller is not even installed anymore, so no conflicts there. Any ideas? Im about to go nuts with this.:cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds