transfer from computer to mobile phone via internet

Discussion in 'Software' started by rogvalcox, Jul 9, 2005.

1. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Anybody know off the top of your head...the name of any of those free services over the internet that allow you to send ringtones and wall papers, via the internet without plugging you phone into the computer, etc!!!!????

I know such a thing exist because I seen it in one of my issues of PC World, but i'm getting sick of looking for it...cause it never fails...if you are looking for something specific in a magazine...you won't find it!! :D

Roger

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Google to the rescue again. "ringtones" and " free freeware"

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&num=20&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=ringtones&as_oq=freeware+free&as_eq=&lr=lang_en&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

Be extremely careful and carefully read any terms and conditions of anything you are interested. Make sure they are entirely "FREE" and not just "FREE" to download.

Ringtones are latest "gotcha" deal. Some b*st*rds, here in OZ, say free to download, then charge a joining fee, and $5 for 5 days. Complete and utter ripoff, suckering in the teen fraternity. Let us know how you go and what you finally decide on. Bazza

3. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Thanks for the effort Bazza, but....I had no problem finding free wallpapers and ringtones...what I was looking for is a free program that allows you to send stuff that is saved on your home PC to the Cell Phone without actually connecting the phone to your computer or anything!! This program, I'm guessing, has some feature that allows you to download stuff to your phone via the airwaves!!

Like I said before...I read something in my PC World magazine about this so called program, and that it was free, but I can't remember the name of it...and I'm getting cross eyed from going through all my magazines and googling hoping to stumble accross it!! So therefore I was hoping that somebody might know what I'm talking of off the top of their head...or atleast what exactly would you characterize this sort of software...in order to make searching a little easier!!

Thanks again

Roger

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Sorry, did not read your original post thoroughly. I jumped to wrong conclusion. Keep us informed of your progress. Bazza

5. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

No Problem!!!!! I'll let you know what comes of it!!

Roger

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds