Max Payne II

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vlad the Impaler, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

this game is AWESOME

anybody else have this yet?

2. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Finished it yesterday :)
    Very much a MUST HAVE, if you have the hardware, it is gorgeous.
    Is that the HL2 engine?

3. hw209

hw209 Private E-2

got it. like it. much improvement over one.nice graphics too

4. Vlad the Impaler

how long did it take you to finish? I am on part II.

5. Vlad the Impaler

same here.. I'm on the part with the building exploding..

No work tomorrow or the next day for me.. sounds like a good night to stay up all night and beat Max Payne II.. see how long I can go without sleep and pour out a little liquor.

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Took me 3 days to beat it, too short. Im playing Hidden and Dangerous 2 now, good if you liked the first one, like Max Payne 2. Oddly, it played fine, had a fresh install of XP, now it locks up randomly. Doh.

7. Vlad the Impaler

3 days is fast.. seems Max Payne II is a short game compared to games like Morrowind.. how long does it take to finish Morrowind?

8. Genius Boy

Genius Boy The Examinator

I've heard a lot about it being a really short game. And that it is the same action/gameplay as 1, except the game looks prettier.

I'd still get it if I had the money, though...

9. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Two 8 hour days, so about 15 hours to finish, short break every 2 hours. I never really got stuck in MP2 like I often do in other games.
    For me it was stable at 1280 x 1024, 75 Hz, 4x fsaa, vsynch off. I use the Rage 3D tweaker for overclocking and forcing refresh rates.

Good thing games this good are not common - I would never get any work done.

Morrowind just keeps going, you can beat it in a week, but that will just be the main quest. With all the mods and options I don't think you can ever do all of Morrowind.

10. Vlad the Impaler

how do you install mods in Morrowind and where can I get them?

11. hw209

hw209 Private E-2

I paid 50 us at best buy.

12. Vlad the Impaler

If you are looking for a game that will last you more than a week, save your money and buy another game. You will be better off renting Max Payne II or using a friends copy.. I mean buying a friends copy.

13. Vlad the Impaler

it's a great game no doubt about that, but it's not very difficult and quick to finish..

Maybe they should have sold it for cheaper because of this?

14. Vlad the Impaler

I just beat Max Payne II..

I can't believe how short and easy this game was..
    big dissapointment...
    I couldn't believe it when the game ended...

15. Gottheit

Gottheit General Logic

This article may be of some (comical) interest to Max Payne fans.

I love Max Payne. It was all I played for one whole year. Unfortunately I don't have the hardware to fully exploit Max Payne 2, yet.

16. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

OK, you are a better gamer than most. You did try the second and third levels?

17. Vlad the Impaler

why do you say that? The game cost fifty dollars and was simple. The levels are short and I got stuck 2 times in the whole game, but not for very long. Nope I haven't tried the second level yet.. maybe later. After you see all the levels it takes away from the game a bit you know? The game should have been twice as long with more difficult enemies. Maybe a boss or 2.. something...

18. Vlad the Impaler

Scouse I'll sell ya my copy for 25.

19. Vlad the Impaler

well good news, I just read that Remedy, the makers of Max Payne 2, have released a patch that will ass 2 more chapters into the game. I don't have a direct link right now, but I do know this is true. I will DL it tonight.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2003
  20. Vlad the Impaler

21. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

At least they should have allowed the user to set the difficulty. Having to run through the easy level is a bad idea.

For those that claim they "beat the game"...
    Max Payne is only beaten when you have done all 3 levels. The third level requires Immaculate skills. I only managed it with a lot of luck and tons of dying.

22. LilReb

LilReb Private E-2

Kids?? I'm18:D jk yea, we are ALWAYS BETTER! and ALWAYS WILL BE (at videogames at least)

23. Vlad the Impaler

is the ending the same when you beat it the third time? does anything (except difficulty) change in the harder levels?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds