DVD/CDRW drive and CDROM drives will not read burned disks!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by russian master, Jun 20, 2005.

1. russian master

russian master Private First Class

I have backed up several old games, such as starcraft...and when i pop them into either my cd/rw/dvdrom drive or the cd drive....they will not read, and if they do, it says theres nothing on them. please help. also, on the cdrw/dvdrom drive, when i put in warcraft 3 it just doesnt read at all. works fine on the other drive.

2. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

Your CD and DVD drives is not suitable for that kind of CD, or the material CD is not keep in a good condition.

3. russian master

i remember now...it stopped working after i did a firmware upgrade (i got the latest version at the site), and after that it doesnt recognize anything...even copyrighted cds! I tried switching back to the original firmware, but nothing happened, the problems were still there. suggestions?

4. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

new drive, similar prob happend to me and only solution was me getting a new one.

5. russian master

good, im having it rma'd.

6. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

New (replacement) one, may not solve your problem. It could be your firmware update has gone wrong. Bazza

7. russian master

firmware flashes the drive, ...so a new drive equals non flashed firmware

8. Louisd11

Louisd11 Private First Class

Buy the same excat cdrw drive and then open up the new and put in the old one. LOL hope it workz

9. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

Open CD and clean your CD lazer eye by alcoho under 50* or some liquid like that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds