computer shut down and light turned orange

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by librarygeek, Sep 11, 2007.

1. librarygeek

librarygeek Private E-2

A patron was working on one of the computers here at the library and all of a sudden the screen went black?? There was an orange light on the computer. It was not on. I shook the mouse and everything. I unplugged it and the light stayed on for a few more seconds before going off. I plugged it back in to see what it would do and the orange light came back on before I even touched the on button. I took the cover off and it smelled like it was burning. Any suggestions?

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks. It sounds like the power supply died in the computer. Hopefully it did not kill anything else. Do you have another power supply to test in the computer?

E

3. librarygeek

librarygeek Private E-2

I don't know I will have to dig through the graveyard!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds