Can anyone help me out, I got this error message....?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Prophets21, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

My PC keeps crashing with this error.

I'm confused.

:confused:

2. Prophets21

It happens randomly, programs running at the time are Foobar 0.9, Mozilla 5.0.

Product name = COM services
    Filename = COMres.dll

3. Prophets21

I've moved the installation of windows onto another hard disk, I'm hoping the problem doesn't reappear. I think it was a hard disk problem.

If it reappears I'm screwed lol.

4. Prophets21

I'm still crashing because of the above error message.

Anyone know what it is?

5. Prophets21

Well, I found out how to reinstall COM+

Whether this will fix the problem remains to be seen.

Will keep you updated.

6. Prophets21

It's been stable now for a couple of hours, fingers are not going to be crossed though. :)

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Define crashing with the error. The error, as you read it, sounds like you read it from event viewer, which is generally not the format of Windows error message popups or stop errors.

8. Prophets21

My PC freezes, I reboot manually, I go into event viewer and that is the error everytime.

Anyway I fixed it now, no worries, I reinstalled COM+ it seems to be ok..

9. Prophets21

The problem is back. What should I do? Repair or reinstall XP?

:confused:

10. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

IS the problem readily reproduced? What are you doing at the time?

11. Prophets21

12. Prophets21

Update: I've done a repair installation and reinstalled SP2.

I haven't crashed yet but yet again my fingers aren't crossed at all....

:mad:

13. Prophets21

Hi guys, small update.

The problem has returned. The best info I have found is here: http://forum.adiscon.com/ptopic,3591.html

If someone could tell me how to completely get rid of MSN 7.5 that would be great.

Thanks.

14. Prophets21

Reinstalling XP now on another HDD (Western Digital 80gig 8mb cache).

15. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I wrote a reply to this earlier, but apparently didn't post it.

I would really, really encourage you to backup all your documents and do a completely fresh install of XP, and add hardware and software individually until you find what is causing this. Installing copies of XP all over the place is only going to confuse matters further. Also, add updates slowly. It may just be that a certain Windows patch is causing this error. You need to go through this logically. Since we're not getting the error, we can't tell you exactly what the problem is.

If possible, group your information into larger chunks. This thread contains 12 posts of yours, the content of which could easily be put into 3 or 4 at most. It could even be considered artifically inflating post count, which is against the rules.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds