Private Multiple Workgroups

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Paulleb, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Paulleb

Paulleb Private E-2

I've been working on way to set up private workgroups on the same wireless network using Windows XP machines.

When I say "private" I mean that the workgroups cannot see one another.

In another post on this forum I saw this comment: "If you want the diffrent workgroups to not be able to see each other you can always put them on a different subnet and then they can't see each other."

I would love to get more information regarding HOW to set up workgroups on separate subnets. Anyone have any info and/or steps for accomplishing this?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. Paulleb

Paulleb Private E-2

Need to? --or is that just the way to accomplish a partially secure network, as the article states? What about the comment in my original post about using subnets to hide the two workgroups from one another?

Paul

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds