Reformat and now sound doesn't work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SubT33, Aug 2, 2008.

1. SubT33

SubT33 Private E-2

Just reformatted and now my sound doesn't work, and I can't figure out the model of the sound card in order to find the proper drivers. Any help?

It's for a Packard Bell iMedia M848.

Thanks.

2. baseballwt6490

baseballwt6490 Private E-2

crack that sucker open and check for a sound card. if you have great if you dont that means you're running the onboard sound from the mobo. either way, figure out which it is and check the appropriate website for the latest sound drivers.

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

You can identify your sound without "cracking" open the case. ;)

You can give this app a try:
    Unknown Device Identifier 6.01

Or if you need more help at identifying your sound and finding the driver.

Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment.
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds