reformated now no sound card drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by w6w6s6d, Dec 8, 2008.

1. w6w6s6d

w6w6s6d Private E-2

ok first off im running a dell xps 600 with windows ep home edition service pack 3.
    my hard drive just burnt out which was a 160gb raptor and i replaced it with a 500gb wd corsair. i reinstalled windows with an oem dell disk. reinstalled all the video drivers with no problems. but while using the drivers for the soundcard from the dell site i get the blue screen o death.(in safe mode it just doesnt work freezes up). so i tryed the drives from creative labs to no avail ... it will install them but after the restart it just fails to recognize the card. in fact i have got it to recognize the card but it still tells me it isnt working. i have also turned off the integrated audio option in bios. after many installs and uninstalls i am out of ideas??? any help would be greatly appreciated

card model is SB0460

2. w6w6s6d

w6w6s6d Private E-2

well after a little more research the model # is actually sb0467 and it's a card made just for dell computers, but seeing as how i dont have the proper disks anymore, im not too sure now what im supposed to do with this paper weight. this card is still pretty nice so i really dont want to buy a new one

3. w6w6s6d

w6w6s6d Private E-2

after scouring forums and numerous websites for over a day and a half i found a solution... the problem lies in teh fact that it is a creative labs card made only for dell so the drivers from creative wont work because its not listed the model# is sb0467. i enabled the onboard audio after reinstalling my mother board drivers. installed ALC850 realtek driver. to the onboard audio card. while it was still active i installed the creative lab ones anyway to the sb0467 card because it still wasnt working, restarted and it works... i dont know why nor do i care lol but hopefully anyone else with a dell keeps thier applicatons disks in good shape. cause thats the only way other than pure luck you can get these cards back in action...

i hope other people find this helpfull

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds