Win XP Logon-Logoff

Discussion in 'Software' started by spudduk, Feb 17, 2010.

1. spudduk

spudduk Private E-2

Afternoon All from a cold uk.

My sister in law's XP machine as also been down by a Malware / virus. The machine is following the usual logon>logoff issue.

Followed many of the comments found on this great forum, however still no joy.

To start with the machine is a dell machine about 5 years old, with a legit XP Pro however the disc is a recovery disc not an install disc and dell have not been very helpful. Any managed to get an install disc from a friend. The machine wont log on in any mode, safe, last good.....etc.

Expanded the files across and still no joy.

Used PE builder then to create a boot disc to view the registry and found that winlogon was pointing to userinit.exe but on the CD drive and not the system root. Modified this to C:Windows\system32\..... However the machine still does not logon on.

Deleted userinit and then installed via recovery console,, renamed and changed the registry entry to the new filename.

Everytime I go back in via PE the registry as not changed and is still at d:/i386/System/

Any ideas?

Andy

2. AXISRAMA

AXISRAMA Private E-2

which place copy userinit.exe and which file rename for xp auto logoff problem

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds