whats happen to HIJACKTHISLOGS.COM ?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Jason3107, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Jason3107

Jason3107 Private E-2

Hi i have just created a log from the hijackthis software and trid to post it and find the site is now not up anymore

whats going on ???

please can someone suggest another way i can fix my pc. it seems to close down dow no reason.

is anyone going to take over? is there another software i can use and create a log and post somewhere to get help.

Packard Bell
    Windows XP

thanks

J

2. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

If you take another look at the site, they now have an explanation !

Your best bet if you believe you have Malware, is to head on over to the
    Malware Removal Forum
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

And then follow all the steps in the 'sticky' entitled - 'Read & run me first'

Good luck

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Trend Micro bought hijackthis, the new version is 2.0 Beta.

From merijn.org:
    March 12, 2007

As some of you might have seen several IT news websites are offering Trend Micro HijackThis 2.00 beta. An official statement will be posted on their website soon, but since this is a public beta of theirs I figured it'd be best if I answered the question I'm going to get asked a lot, right now.
    This is not fake, I sold HijackThis to TrendMicro. Their product incorporates all changes, updates and fixes that I was planning on adding in the v1.99.2 release. I made sure of that and I hope no one will be disappointed with it.
    While TrendMicro does not officially support HijackThis yet, I expect they will once it goes final.

I sold HijackThis because I had been sitting on an unfinished update for over a year and I still could not make enough time to finish it. My uni classes are taking up a lot of time and I want to set my goals a bit wider than just the antispyware business (though I still love it). Sitting on an unfinished product until it becomes obsolete is not useful, so I decided to transfer the responsibility to TrendMicro (who have also taken care of my CWShredder) so they can give it proper attention and support. Where they will take HijackThis, I do not know - but I am sure they will respect its goals and what it stands for.

I've tried it, and it does have a new feature that rates result entries, it's not nearly as good as having an expert take a look at the logs, but it's a start.
    Bug

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's..

5. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds