Hello!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Webroot_PR, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Webroot_PR

Webroot_PR Private E-2

Hey there!

I wanted to say a quick hello and let you all know that I work for Webroot Software. I work with the Threat Research team and would consider myself a malware expert.

Please feel free to message me with any questions. I will also be browsing forums frequently.

:)

-Grayson

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to MGs:)

I use spysweeper and have for a few years and like it.

We have a malware forum here where posters are to perform the recommended steps in order to get help. Major Geeks is here to help people and in the process inform and allow others to learn. Therefore, we do not recommend that any one private message for aid. We do recommend that people post their questions for all to see.

We do encourage anyone to jump in and help in all forums though (Malware being the exception, where you must be approved my Chaslang in order to be able to assist people there).

3. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

welcome to majorgeeks

4. Webroot_PR

Webroot_PR Private E-2

Glad to be part of the forums.

I hope to gain some useful information related to the everyday landscape of malware as it pertains to tech support forums.

-Grayson

5. duckfeet

duckfeet Corporal

Welcome to you...this site has a different setup than many of us are used to, but it is effective, gets the job done, and prevents wannabe geeks like me from screwing up the works when the real geeks are helping people, and this is the only site I like, that actually can help me get rid of malware infestations on mine--and friends--computers, unlike some other sites, where we all can pile in when there is a problem and talk the malware to death...it can be hard, tho, for real computer savvy types, who come here and want to be treated as colleagues...while getting help at the same time...this can be ego-busting, and I've seen it happen already a couple times on the malware forum...but in any case, welcome to you, and hope you enjoy the site...beats any A+ class I've taken...

6. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

Welcome to Major Geeks! :wave

There's more knowledgeable people here than you can shake a tree at! (a stick didn't seem appropriate :-D).

7. missbetty

missbetty Private E-2

Hi All,
    I'm new here, I'm just a pion (sp?) but I used the malware section yesterday and I was able to get rid of it on my machine. I am by no means a computer expert and the way that section was written I was able to do stuff that I didn't think I could do, except one thing. I couldn't find the topic about clocks on computers. My clock turned military on me and I didn't change it, did it by it self. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be cool. Thanks

Betty

8. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

Set the Windows XP Clock to or from Military Time

1. Click "My Computer"
    2. Open the Control Panel
    3. Select Time Options
    3a. Classic View: Open Reginal and Language Options.
    3b. Category View: Date, Time, Language and Regional Options.
    4. Click "Change the format of numbers, dates, and times".
    5. Select the "Regional Options" tab.
    6. Next to the box that shows your selected language click "Customize".
    7. Click the "Time" tab.
    8. In the "Time Format" box enter:
    8a. Standard Format: "h:mm:ss:tt"
    8b. Military Format: "HH:mm:ss"

However I would lke to point out to you that although you may have followed the malware removal procedures up to a certain point..you haven't actually posted your logs to be looked at..so do make sure you start a new thread in the Malware section and upload the 4 requested logs

and welcome to the forums :wave

9. domain

domain Private E-2

Welcome

Hello missbetty,

Welcome to the majorgreeks forums. I hope eaisly you can find good knowledge and good info here about of computer. Here's very good knowledgeble people's always ready to help.So feel free for asking any type of question.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds