Yellow icon on my Microsoft winmm vdm audio compatibility driver. @ divice manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by Juannos, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Juannos

Juannos Private E-2

HI!!! i really need help!!! please!!! i don't know what else to do. i have a Toshiba Satellite A70, p4, 1g ram. it doesn't have a bluetooth hardware so i bought a Bluetooth dongle. Now this one comes with a Software called BlueSoleil 2.6.0.8 Release 070517. witch i install iti also have a Bluetooth Headset witch i pair to my laptop using this software. So far.. so good...
    NOW....
    i use VOIP like skype, Freecall and when i tell skype or freecall to use my bluetooh as my voice and sound device they aloud me, BUT I HAVE NO SOUND.

so i reinstall over and over the bluesoleil driver and the problem persist. so i format my HD and RE-LOAD all windows, programs, just because of this problem...

and i realize that before i load the skype, nero and others software it was OK using my freecall with my bluetooth device connected to my bluetooh headset. so i was happy! i fixed it!!!

so i carry on loading my others software and i realize that the problem begins again....

so at the moment i am sitting without sound on my bluetooth connection, but my REALTEK is ok... and with sound.

and i realize the Microsoft winmm vdm audio compatibility driver is with yellow icon...

what can i do?? please please please HELP! i am lost and i work all day with this things...

thanks so much for your help!!!! really appreciate it!!!!
    have a nice day.

2. Juannos

Juannos Private E-2

Re: Yellow icon on my Microsoft winmm vdm audio compatibility driver. @ divice manage

now is even worst... i have the realtek install in my computer but my sound setting in the control pannel are all grey and i have no sounds throught my Windows media player... but the diveic emanger tells me is all good.. and it works fine, i reintall the driver of the realtek and the problems persits...
    what can i do?
    thanks a mil!!! i am so lost!

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Re: Yellow icon on my Microsoft winmm vdm audio compatibility driver. @ divice manage

Hi

Which Windows version, Service Pack and is it fully upto date?

What is the message that is with the yellow ! mark for Microsoft winmm wdm audio compatibility driver and the error code given?

When you actually had sound and all working, what software did you install just before it disapeared? as that software could be the cause.

Open up Device Manager and try this uninstall the audio driver if installed, then click at the top of Device Manager and click View > Show all Hidden Devices, and look for any devices that are audio and look grey'd out and remove them.

Reboot and then install the Chipset driver for your model Toshiba (woudl direct you to downloads but without knowing the Windows Version and the exact Tosshiba model as their are around 20 versions of the A70, should be sticker for part number on your PC), then reboot and then load the Audio driver from Toshiba.

http://support.toshiba.ca/support/Download/ln_byModel.asp

4. Juannos

Juannos Private E-2

Dear Halo,
    thanks so much for coming back to me. at the current movement my problem did change, as i needed the sound due to the fact i work calling thorugh VOIP all day and i couldnt wait any more, so i re-did my computer again.... re load xp, and did all the downloads.

now my realtex is working, but i cant use my bluetooh dongle connected to my headset bluetooh as there is no sound coming thourgh here.

i check my device manger, is all good, no yellow itmes, nothing... my realtex works perfect but is not way i can make it work the sound throught my headset bluetooh.

on my skype and freecall i have a choice in audio divices in chossing bluetooth AV or bluetooth SCO. i try booth... and no sounds comes along the headset.

i check my bluesoleil software witch services are on... and i know is connected to the headset, and the sevice looks perfect from bluesoleil side.

so now i bought a cable headset with mic and thats the way i am working... thourgh the cable headset and though the realtex.

but no sound thourgh the bluetooh headset is coming out. i check on the propeties if the it was click "use audio feautures in this device" and there is....
    so frankly i give up!!!

i dont know what esle to do.... please let me know if you where able to help me?

i amusing XP 2002with service pack 3
    my laptop is a A70- SP213 PSA70U - 1Y4010
    my version of bluetooth bluesoleil is: BlueSoleil 2.6.0.8 Release 070517

thanks a MIL!!!!!!!!!!
    have a nice day...

5. DavidGP

Hi

I just wonder if the driver/software you have that came with the pack is an old version and you may need an updated version for XP SP3, I know I had problems with a BlueSoleil dongle for a portable thin laptopm mouse and had to update.

http://www.bluesoleil.com/products/Default.aspx?TID=18 << which one is the dongle you have?

Latest BlueSoleil software is here http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/Detail.aspx?TID=26

6. Juannos

Juannos Private E-2

Dear Halo,
    thansk so much for your reply. i am currently trying to download the bluesoleil 6 for free and try it to see if it fix the problem. the USB dongle i have is any of those that the bluesoleil website shows. so it looks like is a diferent brand where thay just use the bluesoleil software only.

on teh other hand i did a couple of updates for windows, but the problem is that the windows genuine download comes out, and i dont want to download it... because i might have problems later....

so i will download... and will try with the blueoleil 6. maybe it does get better. thanks....!!! i wil let you know... asap.
    cheers!

7. DavidGP

Hi

So this dongle is not a BlueSoleil branded one but maybe a clone that the company says use the BlueSoleil software for and is your Windows a legal version as Genuine Advantage is no issue, as I never had any issues on the 3 PCs at home that used to have XP on and 15 in work.

But yes do let us know how you get on.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds