My sound doesn't work...

Discussion in 'Software' started by bosox20012000, Oct 12, 2004.

1. bosox20012000

bosox20012000 Private E-2

I just had and (i think) got rid of one of those AIM bestfriends.scr viruses, but somehow after all of the moves I made to get rid of the virus I did something to my sound. Whenever I try to play audio, it says that my "RPC server is unavaliable" or something. So I went to run, typed in "services.msc", and tried to look at the properties of my RPC. The properties window never comes up, no matter how many times I try. I can right click on "Remote Procedure Call" but when i go down to "properties" nothing happens. Also, when I highlight "Remote Procedure Call" and try to use the properties button in the toolbar, nothing happens. Please help, I like having sound on my computer!

Thanks

2. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Go to device manager and reinstall the drivers

3. bosox20012000

bosox20012000 Private E-2

reinstalling the drivers didnt fix my sound... it still just gives one beep where there should be tonal sounds (like the AIM send IM sound)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds