Facebook says cookies are enabled on IE7

Discussion in 'Software' started by silverlake69, Apr 12, 2009.

1. silverlake69

silverlake69 Private E-2

But they are. Unable to login to Facebook. The searches I've done, say to switch to Firefox. No one seems to know what to do using IE7. Any ideas?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version you using?

What you could try is run CCleaner and its Cleaner and delete your cookies and temps, then check your settings in IE, in Tools > Internet Options > Privacy Tab and Make sure the slider is at Medium.

What you also can try is to add Facebook to the trusted sites by clicking Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab and then click Trusted Sites > Sites and add www.facebook.com into the Add this website into the zone box and untick the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone > click Add.

Same issue can happen in Firefox too, but worth a try to see if it helps.

3. silverlake69

silverlake69 Private E-2

I tried all that and I still have the problem. I did switch to Mozilla and everything worked, but my wife can't use her Apex nutrition program with Mozilla so I had to switch back. I'm using windows XP also with IE7 and IE8. On estrange thing is when I try to login and it won't let me, after I go to a website with a link to their Facebook page, I go to their page and then can get to mine. Does this help in solving this?

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

You have two versions of IE installed?

5. silverlake69

silverlake69 Private E-2

Sorry for the confusion. I had IE7, had the problem, thought IE8 might be the solution, installed it,same problem.

6. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Do you have some trusted cookies listed somewhere? For example inside CCleaner or EI7? They don't get deleted when you run CCleaner so a corrupted cookie will live on forever unless you delete it manually. Remove those entries.

Also go to: Start -> Run -> write -> shell:cookies -> find and delete all Facebook cookies.

7. silverlake69

silverlake69 Private E-2

CORRECTION!!! Sorry for the confusion, the error I'm getting on Facebook is "Cookies are NOT enabled" Same solution?

8. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Yes, try that. Also try resetting IE. It's done in Tools -> Internet -> Advanced tab.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds