Shattered Union program error

Discussion in 'Software' started by Phil K, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Phil K

Phil K Private E-2

I bought Shattered Union a couple of years ago, and it stopped working when I went onto Windows 7 64. Bought it again (for 29p !) on Steam. Won't work, Steam not interested in nhelping, refering me to a looped 2k site (thank you steam I dont think) Steam are completely unhelpful, and 2k are worse.
    Got loads of games off Steam, and now look to avoid anything Shattered Unions' makers do.

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Have you tried applying the fix described in this post? It's been successful for a lot of users.

3. Phil K

Phil K Private E-2

I'll certainly try. Anythings better than nothing !
    Thanks for the help !;)

4. Phil K

Phil K Private E-2

Er...what fix ?
    Something about fooling it to think you've got less memory ?
    No way to actually do so ?
    Thats the fix ?
    Well, faster than lights possible too, I hear. Haven't a clue how though :-D:p;)
    Ta, anyways.

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Sorry about that... for some reason I was convinced there was a link to more details in that post. My mistake. :-o

Here's how you do it:

1. In your Start Menu search field, type in "msconfig", without the " " of course.

2. Click on the Boot tab.

3. Click on the Advance Options button.

4. Check the little box next to "Maximum memory" and set the max to 2048.

5. Reboot computer.

Now when it reboots, Windows will act and run as if there is only 2GB of memory installed. This will allow Shattered Union to run. After you're done playing, go back to msconfig and uncheck the Maximum Memory box and then reboot, to allow Windows full use of all your RAM.

Again, sorry for the lack of detail earlier. I really do need to stop posting after I get home from work, but before I've had dinner... :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds