Computer Restarts in Ravenshield (sever-menu)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Arctura, May 19, 2005.

1. Arctura

Arctura Private E-2

Hi there! I thought id post a problem that has been plaguing me.

I play Ravenshield, and when i click 'Multiplayer' from the main menu, it shows the server screen, the second i hit refresh, and servers start to pop up (starts counting and showing me the ones that it detects as normal)...

while in this server menu (anywhere from between 2-15 seconds) my computer will just suddenly reboot itself. When windows starts back up, i get the 'serious error' message and it asks to report it.

I have tons of other games, the bug only happens in Ravenshield at the server menu only. Elsewise, the puter is 100% stable. What gives?

my specs are:

Asus p4p800 mobo (w/ HT)
    Pentium 2.4Ghz processor
    1.5gm DDR ram
    Windows XP Pro
    GeForce 4 Ti4800 SE (128mb AGP)
    Onboard sound
    DirectX 9.0c

im currently downloading the official Nvidia drivers and using those, i had been using the Omega catalyst from www.omegadrivers.net (it has worked flawlessly and given me amazing FPS with all games, but i thought it might be related, so im trying new gfx drivers.)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds