Where to buy a barebones desktop?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigfurrykid, Feb 6, 2009.

1. bigfurrykid

bigfurrykid Sergeant

What other websites, besides Tiger Direct are out there that anyone has purchased from that are trustworthy?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

3. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

I've had good luck with newegg and zipzoomfly also

4. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

More of a build it yourself place --- but there's Micro Center

5. frapper

frapper Private First Class

Micro Center also has large retail stores and sells their own line of PC's: PowerSpec. I had one and was very satisfied. They also sell other brands of computers and carry plenty of hardware and peripherals.

6. bigfurrykid

bigfurrykid Sergeant

I'm off to Micro Center on Saturday. There's one about 45 mins from my house.
    I'm better off going out in person and seeking a little help, than trying to go it alone.
    I don't need too much of a system, as I'm not into gaming or anything that requires any serious power.
    I mainly burn dvds and surf, while wifey uses it for documents, bookeeping and simple everyday tasks.
    My only requirements are 2 dvd drives and to be able to use my legit retail copy of XP.

I'll post the results here after I get back, though I don't think I'll be wowing anybody, but this is my 1st build and it's a tight budget.

I've been a member for a little while and though I don't visit that frequently, I'm always glad that I did.

There are alot of great people here that never hesitate to offer assistance and for someone like me, I sometimes need all the help I can get.:dood

7. frapper

frapper Private First Class

You can see pretty much of what they carry (before you go) on their site. The only thing you should know is that I don't think they carry any PC's that come without an OS installed. Thus you have to pay for the included cost of Windows (whatever the flavor). They carry PowerSpec, HP, Sony, Compaq, MACs, and probably some others. Good luck you bigfurrykid. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds