Issue with Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

Discussion in 'Software' started by GrimmSan, Mar 5, 2014.

1. GrimmSan

GrimmSan Private E-2

I want to turn this service off because whenever its on it laggs my computer out so bad I can't do anything. I've done all that I can think of to turn it off yet it still runs and I'm getting really frustrated with it. I'm willing to use Teamviewer so someone else can try to fix it since I'm stumped and too irritated to try anything else. I have Windows 7 Home Premium OP. I'm a gamer and I play MMOs so when this service turns on the game freezes and I can't do anything at all. So I wait for it to load again but by that time I've already been disconnected by the game which means I have to wait till my account loggs out so I can get back onto the game. I really need to fix this issue quickly so I can play the games in peace. Please assist me with this problem.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Try opening up the Media Player > Click on Library > Media Sharing > Uncheck the boxes for the options > Ok > Make sure you hit Yes to the dialog box

3. GrimmSan

GrimmSan Private E-2

I didn't find "Media Sharing" :confused but instead I found Media Streaming and thats off. :confused I don't get it!! :tired I'm tired of this :crap cuz now my routers messin up too :banghead I have full excellent connection but its the router its self cuz half the time it says I'm connected yet I can't access the site servers nor access the router IP Address :banghead :tired

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

5. GrimmSan

GrimmSan Private E-2

I've now figured out that it is the cause of my unstable network. I already knew it took 25 CPU and 2 million bytes of memory when it gets to its highest point. The site didn't help much so I'm hoping someone here can still help me with this issue before I rage on my computer. The instructions from that site didn't help because the paths were not like the paths on my computer and I can't find the goals to try them. My friend is studying networking but she can't seem to figure it out...

6. GrimmSan

GrimmSan Private E-2

I got it to turn off so thanx for your help even though you tried and failed but thats how we learn. Now the networks stable again so I can play other games again and chat with my friends. :highfive

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds