Speakers plugged in, seen as not plugged in

Discussion in 'Software' started by tiden, Mar 9, 2014.

1. tiden

tiden Private E-2

So I recently had windows 7 ultimate re-installed due to some serious corruption that led to the black screen of death. After the re-installation everything works fine except that the computer recognizes a Digital Audio S/PDIF (which don't have and never did) instead of my speakers that are actually plugged in (says there unplugged) The "unplugged" speakers can be found in device manager under 'other devices' as Audio device on High definition audio bus after i uninstall the Digital Audio S/PDIF and i click scan for hardware changes the the icon has a yellow exclamation point that when clicked on says, " this device was not configured properly, please click on update driver" but that button is not an option. Please help :cry

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

3. tiden

tiden Private E-2

Ok my motherboard's model is 0YF432/ A02, the manufacturer is Dell if that matters.

4. falconattack

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As well as your Dell service tag and/or the actual model you have and this will be printed on the bottom of a Dell the model variant, we could need that to help with drivers.

But please open Device Manager (can click Start and in the start search box type Device Manager) and do you have any yellow ! marks by any device at all, please name all?

Likelihood is we just need to install the Chipset driver and then the Audio driver for your actual model Dell PC.

Also do make sure your Windows 7 is at SP1

6. tiden

tiden Private E-2

My Windows 7 is currently on SP1.
    I found a yellow mark for
    Other Devices
    -Multimedia Audio Controller
    Device Status:The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
    Model: XPS 700 Jet Black
    Service Tag: DTSWXB1

7. falconattack

8. tiden

tiden Private E-2

The first link was the wrong driver but i eventually found the correct driver and used your second link to install it and it works perfectly now, thank you !!!:wave

9. falconattack

Thank you for the feedback , i am glad it sorted out :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds