Try and solve this one

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jmz82, Nov 1, 2005.

1. jmz82

jmz82 Private E-2

Ok we have have a small network with some servers, a user is running windows xp and cannot access the one server, it tells her access denied and brings up a log on. Funny thing is they have full security rights and share rights, and if the log on to another computer access is just fine. So it must be the computer right? not nessesarily, i logged onto the computer and it worked just fine for me. so what it seems like is that it is a combination of their log on with the computer.

just a few notes:
    she is set up as an admin on her machine
    its windows xp
    server is windows 2000
    nobody else has this problem i am aware of
    can access other servers and resources just fine

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Is it possible, since this user has Admin rights, that they have messed up the GPO for their user profile?

I would try and rebuild their profile from the last known good time that it was.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds