How do I stop xp from "filling in the blanks" automatically??

Discussion in 'Software' started by ndnprincesss, Dec 30, 2005.

1. ndnprincesss

ndnprincesss Private E-2

Could someone tell me how to stop windows from "helping" me type? I'm talking about when I start to enter a name or email address in any blanks on most any site. Such as....I sell items on eBay and email buyers their tracking #'s. I email from eBay site instead of outlook and when I start to enter this longgg tracking #....every one that I've ever entered before shows in a dropdown-like fashion. I have been typing too fast hit something and enter and sent the wrong #'s a few times. But this bugs me on many different sites.
    Is there a setting etc. that can be changed so that windows doesn't show me what has been typed previously?

Thanks in advance, Jena

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

To turn this feature off, click the "Tools" menu and select "Internet Options". From the multi-tabbed dialog box that follows, select the "Content" tab. Click the "AutoComplete" button. An "AutoComplete Settings" dialog box appears. Now, check or uncheck the options you would like. For example, to stop IE6 from automatically entering in web addresses, uncheck the "Web addresses" checkbox.

Press "OK" to close this dialog box, then "OK" to close the "Internet Options" dialog box.

Steve

3. ndnprincesss

ndnprincesss Private E-2

Problem fixed....much thanks!!!

Jena

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. Glad to help. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds