Getting disconnected from online game

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrokenArrows, Nov 12, 2007.

1. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

I plan an MMO called Eve online.
    Anyway recently move to a new apartment. Since then my connection seems to drop out for a split second which causes my game to disconnect any any open connections i have going at this time. (ventrilo/msn/yahoo msgr). These reconnect straight away again. but the game requires a complete restart which is starting to get on my nerves.

The network does no disconnect fully because upon checking the length of time that i have the connection open (by clicking on the 2 computer icons on the system tray) its saying hours/days or what ever.

I was wondering if there are any diagnostic tools out there that i could leave open while im playing and when the disconnect happens i could review the info and see what happened?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

im gona bump this.

I need to get a diagnostic program to look at why my network is disconnecting me all the time.

3. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

Greetings fellow EVE player!

So tell me what kind of connection do you have to the internet? Do you have any additional networking devices connected, like a router or switch? Wireless?

As for software, the only tool I've played around with is http://www.ethereal.com/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds