can't get star wars kightst of the old republic to run

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bman1983, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Bman1983

Bman1983 Private E-2

I have it istalled, and when I try to start it runs but does nothing, It says it is already running, but it is not using any of my comps processor. Thier is no bar for it at the bottom of my window(I am running windows xp). When I press contorle+alt+delete it shows that kotor (knights of the old republic) is running, but it is doing nothing. So it running, but I can't play or it or hear sounds.
    -Rockwell

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What screen resolution are you using? if 1280x1024 or above then I would and would in any case if you have not already install the update and/or also test with dropping your screen res.

also try disabling your firewall and antivirus, to try and rule them out as a possible cause.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Serious apologies for not seeing your thread earlier. :-o

System specs? Operating system, hardware, the whole deal, please. I've been playing this game for years, if your hardware meets Biowares minimum specs it can run the game. Also, take me through a play-by-play of what happened when you installed the game, and how you did the install.

If you still need help, post back here, and I'll do my best to get you up and running. Darth Malak needs to die. More importantly, this is a really good game, that no one should miss out on.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds