TV-Out on GeForce4 Ti

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goldfish, Jun 28, 2004.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Ok, so I've got a S-Video out on my GF4 Ti 4200... which ive got plugged into my TV using a scart adaptor... Works fine... appart from..

While its being used you get sorts wavey regions go across it which are weird shapes (like polygons or squares or circles) that distort the colours a little. It seems like its interferance fom the TV channels. If I unplug the aerial, i get sorta static regions instead.

Is there any way to stop this weird interferance? I've tried putting ferrite coils around both ends of the S-Video cable... no difference. I think it might be the TV itself. Its a Sony Trinitron compact TV, its got a Scart in and a phono video/audio in on the front, as well as aerial in.

Its weird. Got any ideas?

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

i had no idea Scart was used on TV's... didnt even know what it was till i looked it up (they use it on xbox and some other consoles)... in fact I cant say i've ever seen it aside from that this side of the river. (very few of the webpages that came up were from America)..

does your TV have standard RCA inputs by any chance? I use s-video to RCA and my tv-out works fine from my ti 4600

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

RCA (not Royal College of Art ;) ) as in phono socket type things? Like one yellow, one red/white? I'll have a look but i dont know if i have a S-Video to RCA convertor. Hmmm.

Scarts pretty standard here... how do you connect your AV stuff up over there then??

4. Tater

Tater Tot

I do the same thing inyearstocome does here. (U.S.)

5. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

yes, red, yellow, and white is what we call RCA. that is most common as it's been around for a long time and will hook up just about anything.

we also use S-video and coaxial (the standard tv cable).
    RCA has composite connections that are standard quality.

higher end, we have COMPONENT video, which LOOKS like a standard composite(RCA) video in, but is higher quality and 3 cables. For audio, high end either uses Optical (fiber optic cables which must convert a signal from digital to optical and back..therein a problem) or coaxial audio--knows commonly as SPDIF, also looking similar to an RCA jack, but uses a 75-ohm cable to connect for superior quality.

knowing a decent amount about audio/video, have you tried a different cable to connect your comp to the tv? or a different adapter? anything of lesser quality can cause degradation in the video signal--a lot easier than with audio

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds