Ordered my pool table!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by theefool, Aug 16, 2005.

1. theefool

theefool Geekified

Yes, I ordered my 8 foot pool table yesterday, I hope I'll get it at the end of this week!

2. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Brewing beer, playing pool, and MajorGeeks. What more could you ask for? ;) :p :D

Nice, I remember in college during spare time I would go to the student center and play pool or bowl. Enjoy :)

3. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

you lucky so n so. i wish i had a pool table.

4. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Home brewed beer and a pool table. Good way to spend time.

5. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

Im thinking of getting a pool table myself.... have fun :)

controlmind

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

I also have a dart board. :)

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

Before you get a table, you NEED to make sure your playing area is large enough. I had to modify my basement a bit in preparation of this table.

http://www.easypooltutor.com/article180.html

I have three 60" cues, so according to the above link I have to have a 18' 4" x 14' 10" size room. Which I have more than this. (after a few modifications).

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

So, when you inviting me over?

:D :D

9. theefool

theefool Geekified

Update. Looks like the pool table that I ordered is out of stock. Ugh, I'm so mad, why didn't the freaken website tell me in advance!!!! [​IMG] So, I cancelled my order.........

So, it looks like I will have to wait it bit. Going on choice two. Ordering a pool table from the largest in Indiana. They have "Free delivery and Free professional installation". But, the cheapest table is $1200 which is a 7' table, drop pocket, with 1.25" slate. When I looked at it a month or so ago, it looked better made then the $800 8', drop pocket slatron (slate), I TRIED to order.

So, ugh, errgh, ....

I'll post again, when I have purchased this other one......
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

But, yeah, if anyone is in the area, feel free to drop by....

Why am I buying a pool table? Last year I spend about $900 in quarters and pool hall fees. I feel it is time to "save" some money.

10. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

I gotta make the changes since the room I was going to put it in is too small after looking at the chart...btw..thanks for the article :)

controlmind

11. theefool

theefool Geekified

No problem! Though, there are many more articles, that was the first one that google brought up. I basically averaged 4 different opinions, and made mine.

12. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Yeah...can I come over too???? I just live over here in chicago!!!!! LOL

Roger

13. theefool

theefool Geekified

Well, as long as you don't mind BCA rules, or APA rules, I don't mind.

I typically play, 8-ball (regular, last pocket, 8-ball bank, all shots bank), 9-ball, Rotation, 3-ball, 7-ball, and about 5 other games I can't remember the names to, but I know the rules for.

Jumping balls only allowed if you are above the center line on the cue.

Smoking outside only (unless I get drunk and not care anymore, I smoke), beer bottles and glasses only allowed on tables, not on the pool table.

Oh, and bring your own cue, unless I were to splurge and buy some cheap 2-piece cues! :)

14. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

And always remember....turn and face the corner when you pick your nose!!!!

not that I do that, either!!

Roger

15. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Thee fool, if you ever have any chance or reason to come to Tennesse, please look me up. I love to shoot pool and used to be good at it in my younger years. When I used to frequent bars, the only round that I normally lost was the first one. Your pool table sounds great! :)

16. theefool

theefool Geekified

I'm personally not fond of ball return tables. Most of the ones I've played on seem to have issues with stuck balls. That is why I prefer drop pocket tables.

17. theefool

theefool Geekified

The table that I'll be buying is a C.L. Bailey:

http://www.clbailey.com/PoolTables/renegade.cfm

Or perhaps a brunswick table.....probably stick with the above, since the brunswick in my price range only is 3/4" slate.....

Non-related:
    Hmmm, just noticed they are using cold fusion as their webserver. I really do not like that server....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds