AVG Full vs NOD32 Full.....

Discussion in 'Software' started by AlwaysInfected, Feb 2, 2008.

1. AlwaysInfected

AlwaysInfected Private First Class

What would u guys say is better app str8 up n down on all levels in it's entire full version?
    Nod32 or AVG? Im willing to attain either with the right information.:major

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its a very subjective area in what is good antivirus! I would say if an application or series of security protective measures keeps you safe then they are good, be this NOD32 or AVG.

Either is fine IMO.

TBH, I do not subscribe to the docterine of a paid retail application being better than a free solution, I find for me Avast Free keeps me safe from malware, but then the major part of keeping safe on the internet is in what you do, where you surf, what you download, no matter what AV you have at times if you as the user download suspect applications/music/video etc and uncompact/execute it then your the one allowing the malware to install.

Applications to protect can only do so much, the duty of security is in your hands.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

i have NOD 32 and have always relied on it but it let me down last year when a virus crept through

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138298

with some help from MGs i got rid of it and still rely on NOD 32 backed up with Zone Alarm that lets me know if anything strange is going on.

after all that it's as Halo said the best antivirus is you and your surfing.

[​IMG]

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I know a whole bunch of folk who use NOD32 and swear by it. Me, I've been using AVG free for the last 5.5 years and I haven't had one single issue yet and I have visited some nasty sites along the way. As Halo said, it's what you do or don't do that is more important.

5. AlwaysInfected

AlwaysInfected Private First Class

Well right, logically the user is the biggest threat to any system but i guess what i meant was with like a list of virus's attacking which one would have the better %tage results.

But cool.

I wouldn't pay for either but i may just get the full versions of one of the two regardless (Safely by the way) :D

Thanks for the input.

I just didnt know if i was missing out on Nod32 by having AVG or vice Versa...

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If not paying for full retail versions, how are you going to get them safely? routes to getting retail software safely are few and far between these days.

My best advice to you as your a frequent visitor to the malware forum is to read this from Chaslang How to Protect yourself from malware! as it has some great tips on keeping safe on the net and what software to use as mentioned by Augie above, using free security software can keep you just as safe as paid retail software, as I never use or recomend any retail solutions when asked.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds