Bsod

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluelou, Dec 23, 2006.

1. bluelou

bluelou Private E-2

I am getting the dreaded blue screen of death quite often. Also after my computer is left on for ~30 min. it goes to a black screen then will not "wake up". I have to reboot to get it back then I get the microsoft message that my system recovered from a serious error. I have told it not to sleep and to to screen saver after 15 min.
    I had installed a joystick and MS's combat simulator 2 and all this started. I uninstalled both but still have the same problem.

p4 2.8Ghz 800M fsb
    2 sticks of 512 matched corsair ram
    Geforce 5300se video card

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

3. bluelou

bluelou Private E-2

what program runs the .iso extension?

4. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

An .iso file is an image file that will have to be burned to CD before using with software such as Nero or EasyCD Creator, or any CD burning software that supports burning image files.

If you don't wish to burn and run from a CD, there is a place at the bottom of the link where you downloaded this to get a zip file which will run from a floppy disk.:)

5. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Post the BSOD Error Message, word for word. Otherwise we are guessing at the problem.

6. bluelou

bluelou Private E-2

BCCode: 1000007e BCP1: C0000005 BCP2: 804D9FA6 BCP3: F7C45750

BCP4: F7C4544C OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 256_1

7. Shadow_Puter_Dude

That's only part of the error message, there usually a STOP code and offending app.

8. bluelou

bluelou Private E-2

wow....

how do I get that? If it is on the actual BSOD it goes by so fast I can't imagine how to catch all that info.

9. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Right-click on My Computer
    Select Properties
    Click on the Advanced Tab
    Under Startup and Recovery, click the Settings button
    Startup and Recovery dialog will open.
    Under System failure, uncheck Automatically restart
    Click OK
    Click Apply
    Click OK

10. bluelou

bluelou Private E-2

thanx....i'll do it and post the error soon.

hope you had a good holiday.

11. bluelou

bluelou Private E-2

BSOD screen:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    If this is the first time you are seeing this stop error screen restart computer in safe mode.
    If this screen appears again follow these steps. Check that there is adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in this stop message disable driver or check manufacturer for driver update.
    Try changing video adapter. Check with hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    If you need to use safemode to remove or disable.
    Restart press F8 to select advanced startup options andselect safemode.
    TECH INFO: ***STOP 0x0000007e (0x0000005, 0x804d9fa6, 0xf7c45750, 0xf7c4544c)
    Beggining dump of physical memory
    DUmp complete
    Contact system administrator

12. Shadow_Puter_Dude

STOP messages are hardware related and almost always caused by a bad driver. Especially this one. Your going to have to do a little trouble shooting.

Uninstall your Video Drivers, reboot and let Windows re-detect the video drivers. Do the same with your sound card and so forth for other hardware until you locate the problem device. Uninstall only one device at a time.

13. bluelou

bluelou Private E-2

Thanks for the help. I did some reseating of video card, memory, connectors etc. and blew out all the dust. It seems to be working fine now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds