Person, Place or Thing...The one thing you'd like to see or do if you could.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by we_at208, Jun 24, 2004.

1. we_at208

we_at208 Private E-2

I would love to see St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow. Probably won't happen this time around. I hoping that re-incarnation thing isn't just some urban legend.

2. we_at208

we_at208 Private E-2

Oops! That's I'm hoping this re-incarnation thing etc...not I hoping. Oh well, we can't all be sharp at 5:30 A.M.

3. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

I always wanted to see the twin towers, never get to do that now :(

Failing that, I'd like to meet Stephen King, persuade him not to stop writing.

4. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

hmm, people I'd do. oh wait, it's not that kind of thread is it. Who the hell knows man, I just wander about and see what I see.

5. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

Space- The moon since no-one has been there yet. According to some. :rolleyes:

6. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i want to parachute out of a plane. im still hoping this is gonna happen one day. it must be such a rush.

7. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

I would like to get in a submarine that can withstand Major water pressure and be able to land on the ground in the Marianas Trenches. This is the deepest part of all the oceans. it is located in the pacific ocean.

almost 7 miles deep WOW that is amazing.

Or if this is not possible Magic Mountain California:D:D:D

Which do you think might be possible:D:D:D

http://www.geocities.com/thesciencefiles/marianas/trench.html

8. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

9. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Imagine what it was like to be one of his kids. QUOTE: "Hey kids, want me to tell you a bedtime story?":eek: :eek:

10. Endi

Endi Lt. Links

Oh well :( :(

The trenches it is:D:D:D

11. we_at208

we_at208 Private E-2

Bit more of a rush than I could ever handle. Have an uncle who was in Canadian Army loves jumping out of a plane, but would never scuba dive...funny that.
    :confused:

12. horai

horai Private E-2

I want to explore every nook and cranny of Petra. Not likely to happen on my budget or with the present political climate.

13. CaNoFzOo

CaNoFzOo Sergeant Major

Person: I'd love to meet my idol Davey Havok, to let him know how much he means to me, and how much he has influenced my life.

Place: New York, I ALWAYS wanted to go there. It seems so happy. I'd love to move there someday.

Thing: I want to see it all.

:)

14. G.T.

I'd like to be able to sit down with my son & talk to him for an afternoon.

15. micr0dv8

micr0dv8 Private First Class

Things I would like to see??? Hmmm, are the Olsen twins 18 yet? Just Kidding... What the world looked like from the base camp at Everest.

16. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

Place: Machu Pichu

Person: My grandmother (if that urban legend about reincarnation turns out to be real)

Thing: Snowboarding (maybe down some pristine mountain somewhere......):D

17. harry

harry Private "Bad" Joker

I would like to see my son back to the state of mental health he was at before being attacked by a maniac with a baseball bat.

( Sorry for the melodramatics, but you did ask!)

18. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

selectively, yes to prevent going insane. . . some thoughts, some people you just don't want to hear.

me? I would like to meet well, nobody. . . really. . .
    I would like to see. . .? Stonehenge . . But, back then right after it was built
    What would I do? Go back and give Bill Gates money and have half stock in Microsoft. . .

19. debbie

debbie Private First Class

i want to go swimming with dolphins....

20. G.T.

No apologies needed. A worthy wish. People are more important than places any day.

21. Gottheit

Gottheit General Logic

Person: A member of an alien culture. Not likely, but one can dream.

Places: Scotland and Ireland.

Thing: Stonehenge

Looks like I need to plan a big European vacation. :\

22. debbie

TAKE ME !!!!!!!!!! TAKE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. IMSA

IMSA Private First Class

Ild like to spend an evening in an Irish pub drinking Guiness and discussing world events with Bono.

IMSA

24. Maggie

Maggie Corporal

I'd like to visit Boston, Massachusetts again.

Maggie

25. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

Don't forget the Connemara!!!!:D

26. Gottheit

Gottheit General Logic

When I plan the trip, you'll be the first to know. ;)

27. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

I've been to Stonehenge, kind of gives you chills and Scotland is amazing.
    Places: Greece, Italy, New York and New Orleans (sorry, all are equal)
    People: Family in NZ and I'd like to meet James Earl Jones and Stevie Ray Vaughn (next life I guess)
    Thing: a cannolli (or if not, then the Colosseum in Rome)

28. eUpH0rIa

eUpH0rIa Private E-2

Egypt maybe..I'd like to travel in time to experience life in ancient Egypt..Been always fascinated by those mysterious happenings...So outta the world... :p

29. we_at208

we_at208 Private E-2

Wouldn't mind talking with my younger brother again.(Deceased at 25) Still miss him.:(

30. debbie

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

I'll start packing- when do we leave???? huh? huh? huh??????? lmao!!!!

31. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

I wished the same thing for a long time, then I finally said screw it and went with a friend. It's an incredible rush :cool: Things sometimes seem unattainable till you make up your mind to go for it, so stop hoping and go do it! You won't regret it.

Me, I want a ride in an F18 launched from a carrier. Ungawdly acceleration! :p

32. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Athens, Jerusalem, Rome, and the Trinity site.

33. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Person: I would very much like to talk to my father again...so much was left unsaid.

Place: I would like to experience the peace and quiet of Four Corners again. That is actually a cross road deep in the Klamath National Forest, near Happy Camp, in Northern California. There is a very old picnic table there that was discarded long ago, but the locals patch it together from time to time. I have, and could again, sit there for hours. You can see for miles.

Thing: I care little for material things. I suppose I would like to have a 12 string guitar, that would be just righty-o ok. :)

34. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

I would like to go visit my friend in the UK. Ride the London Eye. Go look at Hadrian's Wall, and we could both go visit my cousin up Scandinavia way........:cool:

35. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

I'd love to go back to Switzerland and would love to meet my grandad, never got the chance to meet him at an age where I could've had a memory of him.

36. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

very true alan....but i dont think its possible on this island. you cant paraglide here (except attatched to a boat ). to many unpredictable winds, up drafts, down drafts etc. so ill hafta wait till im back in the US or UK

37. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Sergeant

I would like to see Jesus. Doesn't matter whether I'm dead or alive.

38. slider

slider Major Wise-***

Wow. I'm giving my boy an extra hug tonight.

39. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

That kinda sucks :(

Well, next time you're on the mainland...;)

40. xtcdukes

xtcdukes Private E-2

Go back in time and see XTC play live.

41. SixShooter

SixShooter Major Malfunction

AMEN!!!

I would like to travel back in time to see the events that took place in the bible...especially the parting of the Red Sea.

To be in the drivers seat of a alcohol powered "Funny" Car (dragster) for a quarter mile race....only lasts for few seconds...it would be quite a rush.

42. we_at208

we_at208 Private E-2

I would also like to see my Mom everyday like I use to. She moved to England 4 years ago. Having the time of her life. But can't see her whenever I want to anymore. :(

43. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

I want to go to Proudfoot Lake. Sit on a rock and listen to the loons and the wolfs. Drink some Bailey's and sleep under the stars. Get up early next morning and make really strong coffee. Nothing like fresh coffee under white pines as the sun is coming up........

44. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Don't know where Proudfoot Lake is.......but the whole scenario sounds fantastic...

45. micr0dv8

micr0dv8 Private First Class

Travel though time.

One time I was like a freshman in high school and I went to watch the state finals in wrestling. Wrestling is really big here... anyway, there was this cheerleader who was like soooooo hot! uhhh like Meg Ryan hot. You know kind cute girl next door....Anyway, she is giving me the eye all night. I walk outside to leave and she is standing by the bus with a friend looking at me like come talk to me. My friend was saying come on let's go do something and I was torn. I chickened out and left with my friend. I regret it to this day. I don't know why but I have always remembered that moment.

Weird how we remember some things eh?

46. HUDIK

HUDIK Sergeant

Proudfoot Lake is in THE GREAT WHITE NORTH, close to Algonquin Park, and I used to have 2 acres of land fronting on 2 lakes there. Had to unload it, and still miss it very badly. I thought it was Paradise on Earth............ :) :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds