Plantronics is garbage

Discussion in 'Software' started by pclover, Dec 30, 2009.

1. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

A while ago I bought a plantronics headset. It broke within the first two weeks and got a replacement. Today they broke again with the same issue the right speaker went out and cuts on and off like a short in the cord. I opened up the headset and looked inside the speaker and all the solder connections were fine. Just the cord shorted somewhere.

I would not suggest buying plantronics as they are garbage now.

My SENNHEISER PC151 lasted me 2 years. I'm going to buy another pair of these as they are a great price right now.

2. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

Ya we purchased about 20 of them a year back for the secretaries to use.. Most died withen a year a couple got dropped and busted but the rest were just plagued with issues that couldn't be resolved through there support -_-

3. KrushR

KrushR Private E-2

what model did you get? Their cheap stuff does indeed suck.

I bought a Plantronics Voyager 510 headset and a Voyager 500A base station to go with my phone system. It has performed flawlessly for 1.5 years and the headset works with my mobile phone.

You get what you pay for, even if the company is reputable.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Low end Plantronics does suck.

Their higher end stuff is pretty nice though, and they also make some high performance headphones for Altec Lansing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds