Pinned items not showing in taskbar

Discussion in 'Software' started by eblackwell, Sep 22, 2011.

1. eblackwell

eblackwell Private E-2

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit on a Dell Inspiron 1501.

A few of my items that were pinned in the taskbar started disappearing from the bar. I have tried selecting Pin to Taskbar, I have unpinned them and then pinned them again; I even removed them from the folder itself and then tried pinning once more. None of that worked.

I also have a problem with programs not showing up as recent items in the Start menu. I do have both the "Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu" and Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and taskbar" checked.

Does anyone know how I can fix these problems? Thank you.

Erin

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Check that the taskbar isn't locked (right click it)

3. oma

oma MajorGeek

4. eblackwell

eblackwell Private E-2

Thanks for getting back to me.

• The taskbar was locked, I unlocked it, and it hasn't helped. Even after a reboot.
    • I followed the two links, but they didn't help either.

5. eblackwell

eblackwell Private E-2

I meant to add that the "Pin to taskbar" has now disappeared from right clicking on the program now, no matter where I try it (while running, in Start Menu, etc.).

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

7. eblackwell

eblackwell Private E-2

Putting the arrows back helped. Thank you!

8. eblackwell

eblackwell Private E-2

OK, we're close. The programs are pinned, but when I click on them, they open another icon on the taskbar instead of tiling them in the jump list like they used to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds