Error loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by JeanC, Sep 18, 2004.

1. JeanC

JeanC Private E-2

Each time I boot up or restart my PC I get this error at the end of boot process:
    Error loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll
    I ran Tune Up Registry Cleaner (clean up and repair), Tune Up Registry Defrag and also AdAware and the problem still persists. Before I upgraded my PC last week, I had ME on a 20G hard drive. I added a 120G hard drive and installed XP on it. I left the 20G untouched. At the end of the installation the error did not show up. I brought my PC home from the office and at first boot up the error showed up. I run Norton 2004 Internet Security. I upgraded the RAM from 128 to 512MB. The CPU is a 930MHz.
    Anybody has any idea where this error comes from? How to solve it? And what does it cause to the system?

Thank you for your help.

JeanC

2. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Hi Jean :) Well, in case you don;t know what it is here's the definition of the file NvCpl definition . Sounds like you might have upgraded your Nvidia proggie or lost a driver or just munched the file. Here's where you can find a replacement Nvidia.dll in case you need to delete the maybe corrupt file and replace it with a good one. Dunno if this will help, but maybe.

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

If the above doesn't work, uninstall your Nvidia drivers through the programs own uninstaller preferably, or use Add/Remove if not available.

Then just reinstall your video card drivers.

4. JeanC

JeanC Private E-2

:)
    Thank you for your help. I finally installed a new Nvidia driver and it fixed the problem.
    JeanC

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds